Questions about de monk

  • mariomcmrpg
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
      When my monk has improved natural damage and drink a enlarge person
      potion or other equal effect, the pc sheet recieve increase damage
      level or something like?
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008

        I'm going to have to read up on the rules, as I don't think you are
        allowed to take Imp Nat Attack for an unarmed attack (Monk Unarmed
        attack follows a certain progression based upon level). However, with
        the Enlarge spell, yes, I've fixed that so if you apply Enlarge person
        to your character their damage size will increase.

        1) Enlarge Person - Yes
        2) Improved Natural Attack - Your Monk should not qualify unless he has
        some base Natural Attack beyond (Which would not be affected by the
        natural progression of the monk)

        To apply Enlarge Person, simply go to Inventory Tab > Temporary Bonuses
        Spell (Expand the selection)
        Scroll Down to Enlarge Person
        Apply Bonus (Button top middle of screen)

        ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

        mariomcmrpg wrote:
        > When my monk has improved natural damage and drink a enlarge person
        > potion or other equal effect, the pc sheet recieve increase damage
        > level or something like?

      • Brad Stiles
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
          Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > I'm going to have to read up on the rules, as I don't think you are
          > allowed to take Imp Nat Attack for an unarmed attack (Monk Unarmed
          > attack follows a certain progression based upon level).

          > 2) Improved Natural Attack - Your Monk should not qualify unless he
          > has some base Natural Attack beyond (Which would not be affected by the
          > natural progression of the monk)

          From the RSRD (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/srd35, ClassesI.rtf, pg 14):

          "A monk�s unarmed strike is treated both as a manufactured weapon and a natural weapon for the purpose of spells and effects that enhance or improve either manufactured weapons or natural weapons."

          PCGen currently allows this, as I've done it a number of times.
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
            Well, then... I stand corrected (That will teach me to try and make a
            quick monk) :P

            Okay, then it should all work just fine. Have fun...