Re: Help needed setting up PCgen on a linux machine

  • Justin Larsen
    Message 1 of 47 , Jun 1, 2008
      TP:

      A quick "java -version" results in the the following:
      java version "1.6.0_06"
      Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 10.0-b22, mixed mode, sharing)
      Just to be absolutely sure, though, I went ahead and ran "sudo
      update-alternatives --config java" and got
      here are 2 alternatives which provide `java'.

      Selection Alternative
      1 /usr/bin/gij-4.2
      *+ 2 /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/bin/java
      I opted for number 2 again, just to make sure. From what I can glean
      from the text and all of the various forums I've been sifting through,
      I'm most definitely running Sun's product, which lends to my confusion.
      Thanks for taking the time to help out, though. ;)

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Parker" <thpr@...> wrote:

      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Justin Larsen" grillfocks@ wrote:
      > > I'm running Hardy i386 and Sun's Java 6
      >
      > Are you sure it defaults to Sun's Java? Run "java -version" to check
      > what it's using.
      >
      > > Is this a related issue, or do I have two
      > > problems to deal with here?
      >
      > Could be - one step at a time while we figure out what the issue is.
      >
      > TP.

    • Tom Parker
      Message 47 of 47 , Jun 2, 2008
        OpenJDK is installed by default in Ubuntu Hardy Heron (8.04-LTS).

        Since you've installed Sun's Java, you can remove open-java. The
        packages are:
        openjdk-6-jdk
        openjdk-6-jre
        openjdk-6-jre-headless