Re: Problems with 5.14 RC3

  • Tom Parker
    Message 1 of 20 , May 31, 2008

      > I am starting to work on the Book of Experimental Might (my wife is
      > playing Bingo at the Camp Rec hall heh), and have run into a few
      problems.

      > a) Spell.MOD is not working as expected
      >
      > Acid Splash.MOD CLASSES:Sorcerer=0
      > Crushing Hand.MOD CLASSES:Sorcerer=9|Wizard=19
      > Astral Projection.MOD CLASSES:Cleric,Sorcerer=9|Wizard=20
      >
      > Acid Splash was a Wizard 0 spell and in BoXM all 0 level spells go
      away.
      > It still shows up in the Wizard list.

      So you need: CLASSES:.CLEARALL|Sorcerer=0 if you want to remove the
      items listed on the "original" CLASSES entry. CLASSES does not
      overwrite, it appends.

      > In the spell tab, when listing by class/level, there is not Level 20
      > twistie. If I list by class/-- (ie. by name), I can click on Astral
      > Projection and it shows as a level 20 spell.

      This is likely a UI bug

      > b) On the Source Materials page, other than recreating the RSRD Twistie
      > under Malhavoc because I have to exclude the original base classes, is
      > there any way to get the new data into program?

      I don't quite understand the question...

      TP.
    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 4, 2008
        Hi David,

        Which of the issues are you still experiencing? There's a couple that
        might need trackering.

        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender" <Papa.DRB@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I am starting to work on the Book of Experimental Might (my wife is
        > > playing Bingo at the Camp Rec hall heh), and have run into a few
        > problems.
        > >
        > > a) Spell.MOD is not working as expected
        > >
        > > Acid Splash.MOD CLASSES:Sorcerer=0
        > > Crushing Hand.MOD CLASSES:Sorcerer=9|Wizard=19
        > > Astral Projection.MOD CLASSES:Cleric,Sorcerer=9|Wizard=20
        > >
        > > Acid Splash was a Wizard 0 spell and in BoXM all 0 level spells go
        > away.
        > > It still shows up in the Wizard list.
        >
        > So you need: CLASSES:.CLEARALL|Sorcerer=0 if you want to remove the
        > items listed on the "original" CLASSES entry. CLASSES does not
        > overwrite, it appends.
        >
        > > In the spell tab, when listing by class/level, there is not Level 20
        > > twistie. If I list by class/-- (ie. by name), I can click on Astral
        > > Projection and it shows as a level 20 spell.
        >
        > This is likely a UI bug
        >
        > > b) On the Source Materials page, other than recreating the RSRD
        Twistie
        > > under Malhavoc because I have to exclude the original base
        classes, is
        > > there any way to get the new data into program?
        >
        > I don't quite understand the question...
        >
        > TP.

      • Tom Parker
        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 4, 2008
          wrote:
          > > > In the spell tab, when listing by class/level, there is not
          Level 20
          > > > twistie. If I list by class/-- (ie. by name), I can click on Astral
          > > > Projection and it shows as a level 20 spell.
          > >
          > > This is likely a UI bug

          This is definitely a PCGen BUG, I found the hardcoded variable last
          night, please tracker this.

          TP.
        • David R. Bender
          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 4, 2008
            Yea, I will open a tracker for the UI bug where Tom found the
            "hard-coded" variable.

            The 1st one is Working as Designed, I just got confused.

            The 3rd one is more of a how-to question that I am still playing with.
            If I can't figure it out, I will post a more detailed append.

            David
            Papa.DRB

            Grognard <http://home.hvc.rr.com/davidstuff/Grognard.html>
            My better half and me <http://home.hvc.rr.com/davidstuff/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>

            Martijn Verburg wrote:
            > Hi David,
            >
            > Which of the issues are you still experiencing? There's a couple that
            > might need trackering.

            >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender" <Papa.DRB@> wrote:
            >>
            >>> I am starting to work on the Book of Experimental Might (my wife is
            >>> playing Bingo at the Camp Rec hall heh), and have run into a few
            >>>
            >> problems.
            >>
            >>> a) Spell.MOD is not working as expected
            >>>
            >>> Acid Splash.MOD CLASSES:Sorcerer=0
            >>> Crushing Hand.MOD CLASSES:Sorcerer=9|Wizard=19
            >>> Astral Projection.MOD CLASSES:Cleric,Sorcerer=9|Wizard=20
            >>>
            >>> Acid Splash was a Wizard 0 spell and in BoXM all 0 level spells go
            >>>
            >> away.
            >>
            >>> It still shows up in the Wizard list.
            >>>
            >> So you need: CLASSES:.CLEARALL|Sorcerer=0 if you want to remove the
            >> items listed on the "original" CLASSES entry. CLASSES does not
            >> overwrite, it appends.
            >>

            >>> In the spell tab, when listing by class/level, there is not Level 20
            >>> twistie. If I list by class/-- (ie. by name), I can click on Astral
            >>> Projection and it shows as a level 20 spell.
            >>>
            >> This is likely a UI bug
            >>

            >>> b) On the Source Materials page, other than recreating the RSRD
            >>>
            > Twistie
            >
            >>> under Malhavoc because I have to exclude the original base
            >>>
            > classes, is
            >
            >>> there any way to get the new data into program?
            >>>
            >> I don't quite understand the question...
            >>
            >> TP.

          • David R. Bender
            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 4, 2008
              Trackered

              https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=384719&aid=1984559&group_id=25576

              David R. Bender wrote:
              > Yea, I will open a tracker for the UI bug where Tom found the
              > "hard-coded" variable.
            • Martijn Verburg
              Message 6 of 20 , Jun 4, 2008
                TRackerd:

                https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1984586&group_id=25576&atid=384719

                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Parker" <thpr@...> wrote:

                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverburg@>
                > Level 20
                Astral

                > > > This is likely a UI bug
                >
                > This is definitely a PCGen BUG, I found the hardcoded variable last
                > night, please tracker this.
                >
                > TP.
              • Martijn Verburg
                Message 7 of 20 , Jun 4, 2008
                  > Yea, I will open a tracker for the UI bug where Tom found the
                  > "hard-coded" variable.

                  Beat you to it ;)

                • Martijn Verburg
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jun 4, 2008