Re: Next Set request cycle open....

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 8 , May 30 2:16 AM
      Hi Stefan,

      We'll be discussing this at the next BoD meeting as well, but in
      principle we'd like to see Pathfinder go in for 5.16! So are you able
      to Tracker and/or send me a list of items to Tracker for anything
      that's Pathfinder related? I'd like to get it on the official roadmap :).

      > On Friday 30 May 2008 00:31:54 Andrew Maitland wrote:
      >
      > > * Paizo is already being worked on. I won't work on something
      > > already being done by another lst monkey.
      >
      > Pathfinder also needs some code work, especially these points that I
      have
      > encountered so far.
      >
      > 1) Monsters and characters have different progressions for feats per
      level.
      > While you get a feat for each odd character level, feats for racial
      hit dice
      > are stil done as in D&D 3.5, i.e. one at 1 HD, and then one more for
      each 3
      > HD. I have alread implemented this using a new gamemode tag
      > BONUSFEATHITDICESTARTINTERVAL. Proposal will follow.
      >
      > 2) Skills are done different. I'm not sure how to do some of these:
      >
      > a) once a skill becomes a class skill for you, it will remain a
      class skill,
      > no matter in which class you level up.
      >
      > b) You don't get quadruple skill points at 1st level (can already be
      done in
      > lst).
      >
      > c) Max skill ranks is equal to hit dice for all skills (can already
      be done in
      > lst).
      >
      > d) Class skills and non-class skills cost the same, 1 rank each (can
      already
      > be done in lst). That makes it difficult to see which skills are
      class skills
      > in the GUI. Sorting by COST doesn't help.
      >
      > e) The only difference betwen class and non-class skills is, you get
      a +3
      > bonus on your check with all class skills that you have ranks in.
      >
      > Stefan.
      > --
      > Happiness is the Road
      > http://www.marillion.com

    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 8 , May 30 2:17 AM
        Hey Andrew,

        There's also the list that sits on our Wiki and a list that sits on
        the trackers (in terms of what people have requested in the past).

        > Okay folks,
        >
        > I've finished working on the Quintessential Ranger and Quintessential
        > Ranger II. I'm still taking requests at this time if anyone has
        anything
        > pressing they'd like to see included in PCGen or need for a game.
        >
        > The following restrictions apply:
        >
        > * Paizo is already being worked on. I won't work on something
        > already being done by another lst monkey.
        >
        > * I can't do any closed content. [Please don't ask.]
        >
        > * Whatever set I work on will be intended to be part of the PCGen
        > program. [Permissions are found on the WIKI].
        >
        > * Obviously I need a copy, if I don't one would need to be provided.
        >

        > This is on my list of to do's (kinda in whim order):
        >
        > 1. Personally Requested set(s) - limit 2 please
        > 2. Magic of Arcanis (Complete the Arcanis series)
        > 3. Assisting in the clean up of Player's Guide to Arcanis
        > 4. PCGen compatibility with CMP (limited to sets I've made at
        this time)
        > 5. Wish list items - Mongoose Quintessential Series.
        >
        > ---
        >
        > Okay, I kind of work on a first come first serve basis. So get your
        > General time line - 3.5 sets are easier than 3e; complicated source
        > books with really funky rules will take longer than a simple expansion
        > book. I average approx 1-2 week(s) depending on complications and size
        > of book.
        >
        > What you get is a PCGen standard set (Following all relevant rules on
        > data set submission) that will be compatible with the latest version of
        > PCGen (5.14) and will be brought in the PCGen (5.15) series after it
        > completes it's rigorous QC and review. I will send you a pre-release
        > copy after I feel it is ready for general use (same copy I submit to
        the
        > PCGen submission team).
        >
        > This will likely be the last time I ask for requests for several
        months.
        > Busy schedule coming up...
        >
        > --
        > ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        > ~ Data Gibbon, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Lemur
        > "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

      • Stefan Radermacher
        Message 3 of 8 , May 30 4:07 AM
          On Friday 30 May 2008 11:16:28 Martijn Verburg wrote:

          > We'll be discussing this at the next BoD meeting as well, but in
          > principle we'd like to see Pathfinder go in for 5.16! So are you able
          > to Tracker and/or send me a list of items to Tracker for anything
          > that's Pathfinder related? I'd like to get it on the official roadmap :).

          I'll put in proposals or freqs for needed code stuff as far as I see later
          today.

          The feat progression thing I mentioned in my earlier post I have already
          working here. :)

          Stefan.
          --
          Happiness is the Road
          http://www.marillion.com
          Message 4 of 8 , May 31 12:23 AM
            Hi Kar,

            I saw the wiki wishlist... If we have a tracker request list then we
            need to categorize it as "Requesting" or some way to recognize it's not
            being actively pursued or going through the QC/OGL/DATA review process.

            You'll also note, I had Mongoose Quintessential Series listed as
            Wishlist (Which I did grab from the wish list). But as a courtesy, I
            figured I'd ask for any fresh requests as some of those are old requests
            (3+ years old) and may not have any existing users currently needing
            them. (I'd like to make a set that at least ONE user has a current
            desire or need for at this time)

            :-)

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 2, 2008
              > Hi Kar,
              >
              > I saw the wiki wishlist... If we have a tracker request list then we
              > need to categorize it as "Requesting" or some way to recognize it's
              > not being actively pursued or going through the QC/OGL/DATA review
              > process.

              Yeah, when I re-grouped all of those trackers there were several that
              hadn't even been worked on, I think I'd like to see those simply
              shifted back to the wishlist, I'll nudge Eddy in the BoD and see what
              he thinks