Re: Problems creating a Sorcerer

  • dbbakerga
    Message 1 of 10 , May 29, 2008
      Hi Everyone,

      Just wanted to let you know that my husband downloaded and installed
      5.12.1 and it fixed the problems I was having.

      I have another question, but I'm going to put it in its own message.

      Thanks for all your help!

      Dawn

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "dbbakerga" <dbbakerga@...> wrote:

      > Hi James,
      >
      > Thanks for the quick reply. I was running Java 2 Runtime Std. Ed.
      > 1.42_03, but my husband went ahead and downloaded Java for me so
      now
      > it's the Std. Ed. 6, update 5. I went back into the file and that
      > didn't fix the problems.
      >
      > Weirdly, I only wanted a few sources loaded, but every time I open
      > her file a ton of stuff is loaded. So, here's the long list (and I
      > can't figure out how to unload the extras and keep them from
      > when I open the character file):
      >
      > 3.5 RSD-campaign set-core book l
      > " " l & 11
      > " " l, ll, & lll (want this)
      > " "-no psionics (want this, not sure if needed)
      > 3.5 RSRD Advanced (want this)
      > 3.5 RSRD Basics (want this)
      > 3.5 RSRD Monsters (want this)
      > PCGen Open Gaming content
      > 3.5 RSRD Divine
      > " " Epic
      > " " Epic Psionics
      > " " Psionics
      > RPG Objects-Legends of the Ancients-Carthage
      > " "-Macedon
      >
      > I'm going to try and upload that file tonight. All the characters
      in
      > the campaign (8 in total) are on my computer b/c my husband is the
      DM

      Message 2 of 10 , May 29, 2008
        Hi, thanks for the update...

        Interesting problem and I would like to investigate the steps needed to replicate this so we can fix the problem.

        Unfortunately, I'm not at home and won't be for a couple of days (Limited internet access during that time).

        Can you please list how the character was created (was this a pre-existing character loaded with the newer version?)
        What sources were being loaded and what actually loaded?
        (Based upon what you are saying it looks like the character was loaded with a different sources and then the load sources with character was turned on)

        Hopefully either James or Eddy can assist you while I'm away... If not please, BUMP this message by Saturday.

        Andrew Maitland
        Admin SB
        (Not at home)

        dbbakerga <dbbakerga@...> wrote: Hi Everyone,