[BUG] 14.0 RC3 can't select bonus languages for monster character with bonus HD

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 4 , May 29 8:31 PM
      [BUG] 14.0 RC3 can't select bonus languages for monster character with
      bonus HD

      Hi,

      Problem:
      When creating a bugbear character, I am unable to select the bonus
      languages for high intelligence. I suspect this may be because the
      character (with the three bonus monster HD granted as a bugbear) is
      not considered 1st level. There is, however, no other time to select
      languages after selecting bugbear. When I deselect the option under
      "House Rules" for selecting bonus languages after 1st level, the bonus
      languages can be selected.

      I also tried it on a centaur character with the same result.

      PCGen and computer Setup:
      This is with 5.14.0 RC3, using the full win installer, running on a
      Vista machine.

      The sources loaded are:
      3.5 RSRD - Campaign Set - No Psionics.
      PCGen Open Gaming Content
      MyCampaign {minimal content here — nothing odd}
      The Game Mode is 3.5.

      Errors and Warnings:
      There are no errors showing. I had the debugging mode set to
      "Errors"—not sure what level it is best to have it at.

      ~~ Matt
      Message 2 of 4 , May 31 12:33 AM
        Confirmed

        ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

        Matt wrote:
        > [BUG] 14.0 RC3 can't select bonus languages for monster character with
        > bonus HD
        >
        > Hi,
        >
        > Problem:
        > When creating a bugbear character, I am unable to select the bonus
        > languages for high intelligence. I suspect this may be because the
        > character (with the three bonus monster HD granted as a bugbear) is
        > not considered 1st level. There is, however, no other time to select
        > languages after selecting bugbear. When I deselect the option under
        > "House Rules" for selecting bonus languages after 1st level, the bonus
        > languages can be selected.
        >
        > I also tried it on a centaur character with the same result.
        >
        > PCGen and computer Setup:
        > This is with 5.14.0 RC3, using the full win installer, running on a
        > Vista machine.
        >
        > The sources loaded are:
        > 3.5 RSRD - Campaign Set - No Psionics.
        > PCGen Open Gaming Content
        > MyCampaign {minimal content here — nothing odd}
        > The Game Mode is 3.5.
        >
        > Errors and Warnings:
        > There are no errors showing. I had the debugging mode set to
        > "Errors"—not sure what level it is best to have it at.
        >
        > ~~ Matt

      • Martijn Verburg
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4, 2008
          Did this get trackered?

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 4, 2008
            I did not at the time...

            1984550 [BUG] 14.0 RC3 can't select bonus languages for monster char
            <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1984550&group_id=25576&atid=384719>

            I'd also point that Tom's proposal for the Pathfinder series, may have
            opportunity to fix this. But it would need to be expanded.

            Workaround for this Bug is enabling the "Select Bonus Languages after
            1st level"