Re: [pcgen] Next Set request cycle open....

  • Stefan Radermacher
    Message 1 of 8 , May 29 4:49 PM
      On Friday 30 May 2008 00:31:54 Andrew Maitland wrote:

      > * Paizo is already being worked on. I won't work on something
      > already being done by another lst monkey.

      Pathfinder also needs some code work, especially these points that I have
      encountered so far.

      1) Monsters and characters have different progressions for feats per level.
      While you get a feat for each odd character level, feats for racial hit dice
      are stil done as in D&D 3.5, i.e. one at 1 HD, and then one more for each 3
      HD. I have alread implemented this using a new gamemode tag
      BONUSFEATHITDICESTARTINTERVAL. Proposal will follow.

      2) Skills are done different. I'm not sure how to do some of these:

      a) once a skill becomes a class skill for you, it will remain a class skill,
      no matter in which class you level up.

      b) You don't get quadruple skill points at 1st level (can already be done in
      lst).

      c) Max skill ranks is equal to hit dice for all skills (can already be done in
      lst).

      d) Class skills and non-class skills cost the same, 1 rank each (can already
      be done in lst). That makes it difficult to see which skills are class skills
      in the GUI. Sorting by COST doesn't help.

      e) The only difference betwen class and non-class skills is, you get a +3
      bonus on your check with all class skills that you have ranks in.

      Stefan.
      --
      Happiness is the Road
      http://www.marillion.com
      Message 2 of 8 , May 30 2:16 AM
        Hi Stefan,

        We'll be discussing this at the next BoD meeting as well, but in
        principle we'd like to see Pathfinder go in for 5.16! So are you able
        to Tracker and/or send me a list of items to Tracker for anything
        that's Pathfinder related? I'd like to get it on the official roadmap :).

        > On Friday 30 May 2008 00:31:54 Andrew Maitland wrote:
        >
        > > * Paizo is already being worked on. I won't work on something
        > > already being done by another lst monkey.
        >
        > Pathfinder also needs some code work, especially these points that I
        have
        > encountered so far.
        >
        > 1) Monsters and characters have different progressions for feats per
        level.
        > While you get a feat for each odd character level, feats for racial
        hit dice
        > are stil done as in D&D 3.5, i.e. one at 1 HD, and then one more for
        each 3
        > HD. I have alread implemented this using a new gamemode tag
        > BONUSFEATHITDICESTARTINTERVAL. Proposal will follow.
        >
        > 2) Skills are done different. I'm not sure how to do some of these:
        >
        > a) once a skill becomes a class skill for you, it will remain a
        class skill,
        > no matter in which class you level up.
        >
        > b) You don't get quadruple skill points at 1st level (can already be
        done in
        > lst).
        >
        > c) Max skill ranks is equal to hit dice for all skills (can already
        be done in
        > lst).
        >
        > d) Class skills and non-class skills cost the same, 1 rank each (can
        already
        > be done in lst). That makes it difficult to see which skills are
        class skills
        > in the GUI. Sorting by COST doesn't help.
        >
        > e) The only difference betwen class and non-class skills is, you get
        a +3
        > bonus on your check with all class skills that you have ranks in.
        >
        > Stefan.
        > --
        > Happiness is the Road
        > http://www.marillion.com

      • Martijn Verburg
        Message 3 of 8 , May 30 2:17 AM
          Hey Andrew,

          There's also the list that sits on our Wiki and a list that sits on
          the trackers (in terms of what people have requested in the past).

          > Okay folks,
          >
          > I've finished working on the Quintessential Ranger and Quintessential
          > Ranger II. I'm still taking requests at this time if anyone has
          anything
          > pressing they'd like to see included in PCGen or need for a game.
          >
          > The following restrictions apply:
          >
          > * Paizo is already being worked on. I won't work on something
          > already being done by another lst monkey.
          >
          > * I can't do any closed content. [Please don't ask.]
          >
          > * Whatever set I work on will be intended to be part of the PCGen
          > program. [Permissions are found on the WIKI].
          >
          > * Obviously I need a copy, if I don't one would need to be provided.
          >

          > This is on my list of to do's (kinda in whim order):
          >
          > 1. Personally Requested set(s) - limit 2 please
          > 2. Magic of Arcanis (Complete the Arcanis series)
          > 3. Assisting in the clean up of Player's Guide to Arcanis
          > 4. PCGen compatibility with CMP (limited to sets I've made at
          this time)
          > 5. Wish list items - Mongoose Quintessential Series.
          >
          > ---
          >
          > Okay, I kind of work on a first come first serve basis. So get your
          > General time line - 3.5 sets are easier than 3e; complicated source
          > books with really funky rules will take longer than a simple expansion
          > book. I average approx 1-2 week(s) depending on complications and size
          > of book.
          >
          > What you get is a PCGen standard set (Following all relevant rules on
          > data set submission) that will be compatible with the latest version of
          > PCGen (5.14) and will be brought in the PCGen (5.15) series after it
          > completes it's rigorous QC and review. I will send you a pre-release
          > copy after I feel it is ready for general use (same copy I submit to
          the
          > PCGen submission team).
          >
          > This will likely be the last time I ask for requests for several
          months.
          > Busy schedule coming up...
          >
          > --
          > ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          > ~ Data Gibbon, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Lemur
          > "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

        • Stefan Radermacher
          Message 4 of 8 , May 30 4:07 AM
            On Friday 30 May 2008 11:16:28 Martijn Verburg wrote:

            > We'll be discussing this at the next BoD meeting as well, but in
            > principle we'd like to see Pathfinder go in for 5.16! So are you able
            > to Tracker and/or send me a list of items to Tracker for anything
            > that's Pathfinder related? I'd like to get it on the official roadmap :).

            I'll put in proposals or freqs for needed code stuff as far as I see later
            today.

            The feat progression thing I mentioned in my earlier post I have already
            working here. :)

            Stefan.
            --
            Happiness is the Road
            http://www.marillion.com
            Message 5 of 8 , May 31 12:23 AM
              Hi Kar,

              I saw the wiki wishlist... If we have a tracker request list then we
              need to categorize it as "Requesting" or some way to recognize it's not
              being actively pursued or going through the QC/OGL/DATA review process.

              You'll also note, I had Mongoose Quintessential Series listed as
              Wishlist (Which I did grab from the wish list). But as a courtesy, I
              figured I'd ask for any fresh requests as some of those are old requests
              (3+ years old) and may not have any existing users currently needing
              them. (I'd like to make a set that at least ONE user has a current
              desire or need for at this time)

              :-)

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 2, 2008
                > Hi Kar,
                >
                > I saw the wiki wishlist... If we have a tracker request list then we
                > need to categorize it as "Requesting" or some way to recognize it's
                > not being actively pursued or going through the QC/OGL/DATA review
                > process.

                Yeah, when I re-grouped all of those trackers there were several that
                hadn't even been worked on, I think I'd like to see those simply
                shifted back to the wishlist, I'll nudge Eddy in the BoD and see what
                he thinks