Re: [pcgen] Next Set request cycle open....

  • Anestis Kozakis
    Message 1 of 8 , May 29, 2008
      On 30/05/2008, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
      > Okay folks,
      >
      > I've finished working on the Quintessential Ranger and Quintessential
      > Ranger II. I'm still taking requests at this time if anyone has anything
      > pressing they'd like to see included in PCGen or need for a game.

      [snip]

      > This is on my list of to do's (kinda in whim order):
      >
      > 1. Personally Requested set(s) - limit 2 please
      > 2. Magic of Arcanis (Complete the Arcanis series)
      > 3. Assisting in the clean up of Player's Guide to Arcanis
      > 4. PCGen compatibility with CMP (limited to sets I've made at this time)
      > 5. Wish list items - Mongoose Quintessential Series.

      My wish is for Numbers 2 and 3 please (and any other Arcanis stuff).

      > This will likely be the last time I ask for requests for several months.
      > Busy schedule coming up...
      >
      > --
      > ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > ~ Data Gibbon, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Lemur
      > "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

      [snip]

      Anestis.

      --
      Anestis Kozakis
      kenosti@...
      Message 2 of 8 , May 29, 2008
        On Friday 30 May 2008 00:31:54 Andrew Maitland wrote:

        > * Paizo is already being worked on. I won't work on something
        > already being done by another lst monkey.

        Pathfinder also needs some code work, especially these points that I have
        encountered so far.

        1) Monsters and characters have different progressions for feats per level.
        While you get a feat for each odd character level, feats for racial hit dice
        are stil done as in D&D 3.5, i.e. one at 1 HD, and then one more for each 3
        HD. I have alread implemented this using a new gamemode tag
        BONUSFEATHITDICESTARTINTERVAL. Proposal will follow.

        2) Skills are done different. I'm not sure how to do some of these:

        a) once a skill becomes a class skill for you, it will remain a class skill,
        no matter in which class you level up.

        b) You don't get quadruple skill points at 1st level (can already be done in
        lst).

        c) Max skill ranks is equal to hit dice for all skills (can already be done in
        lst).

        d) Class skills and non-class skills cost the same, 1 rank each (can already
        be done in lst). That makes it difficult to see which skills are class skills
        in the GUI. Sorting by COST doesn't help.

        e) The only difference betwen class and non-class skills is, you get a +3
        bonus on your check with all class skills that you have ranks in.

        Stefan.
        --
        Happiness is the Road
        http://www.marillion.com
        Message 3 of 8 , May 30, 2008
          Hi Stefan,

          We'll be discussing this at the next BoD meeting as well, but in
          principle we'd like to see Pathfinder go in for 5.16! So are you able
          to Tracker and/or send me a list of items to Tracker for anything
          that's Pathfinder related? I'd like to get it on the official roadmap :).

          > On Friday 30 May 2008 00:31:54 Andrew Maitland wrote:
          >
          > > * Paizo is already being worked on. I won't work on something
          > > already being done by another lst monkey.
          >
          > Pathfinder also needs some code work, especially these points that I
          have
          > encountered so far.
          >
          > 1) Monsters and characters have different progressions for feats per
          level.
          > While you get a feat for each odd character level, feats for racial
          hit dice
          > are stil done as in D&D 3.5, i.e. one at 1 HD, and then one more for
          each 3
          > HD. I have alread implemented this using a new gamemode tag
          > BONUSFEATHITDICESTARTINTERVAL. Proposal will follow.
          >
          > 2) Skills are done different. I'm not sure how to do some of these:
          >
          > a) once a skill becomes a class skill for you, it will remain a
          class skill,
          > no matter in which class you level up.
          >
          > b) You don't get quadruple skill points at 1st level (can already be
          done in
          > lst).
          >
          > c) Max skill ranks is equal to hit dice for all skills (can already
          be done in
          > lst).
          >
          > d) Class skills and non-class skills cost the same, 1 rank each (can
          already
          > be done in lst). That makes it difficult to see which skills are
          class skills
          > in the GUI. Sorting by COST doesn't help.
          >
          > e) The only difference betwen class and non-class skills is, you get
          a +3
          > bonus on your check with all class skills that you have ranks in.
          >
          > Stefan.
          > --
          > Happiness is the Road
          > http://www.marillion.com

        • Martijn Verburg
          Message 4 of 8 , May 30, 2008
            Hey Andrew,

            There's also the list that sits on our Wiki and a list that sits on
            the trackers (in terms of what people have requested in the past).

            Message 5 of 8 , May 30, 2008
              On Friday 30 May 2008 11:16:28 Martijn Verburg wrote:

              > We'll be discussing this at the next BoD meeting as well, but in
              > principle we'd like to see Pathfinder go in for 5.16! So are you able
              > to Tracker and/or send me a list of items to Tracker for anything
              > that's Pathfinder related? I'd like to get it on the official roadmap :).

              I'll put in proposals or freqs for needed code stuff as far as I see later
              today.

              The feat progression thing I mentioned in my earlier post I have already
              working here. :)

              Stefan.
              --
              Happiness is the Road
              http://www.marillion.com
              Message 6 of 8 , May 31, 2008
                Hi Kar,

                I saw the wiki wishlist... If we have a tracker request list then we
                need to categorize it as "Requesting" or some way to recognize it's not
                being actively pursued or going through the QC/OGL/DATA review process.

                You'll also note, I had Mongoose Quintessential Series listed as
                Wishlist (Which I did grab from the wish list). But as a courtesy, I
                figured I'd ask for any fresh requests as some of those are old requests
                (3+ years old) and may not have any existing users currently needing
                them. (I'd like to make a set that at least ONE user has a current
                desire or need for at this time)

                :-)

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 2, 2008
                  > Hi Kar,
                  >
                  > I saw the wiki wishlist... If we have a tracker request list then we
                  > need to categorize it as "Requesting" or some way to recognize it's
                  > not being actively pursued or going through the QC/OGL/DATA review
                  > process.

                  Yeah, when I re-grouped all of those trackers there were several that
                  hadn't even been worked on, I think I'd like to see those simply
                  shifted back to the wishlist, I'll nudge Eddy in the BoD and see what
                  he thinks