Star Wars Saga data set

  • Michael J. Prentice
    Message 1 of 3 , May 28, 2008
      Hopefully this won't get too involved. I was wondering, why can an
      Excel based character sheet exist on Wizards site (actually there are a
      few of them) and we can't publish a Star Wars Saga Ed. data set? Here
      is an example of one. http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?
      t=866480
    • Anestis Kozakis
      Message 2 of 3 , May 28, 2008
        On 29/05/2008, Michael J. Prentice <michaeljprentice@...> wrote:
        > Hopefully this won't get too involved. I was wondering, why can an
        > Excel based character sheet exist on Wizards site (actually there are a
        > few of them) and we can't publish a Star Wars Saga Ed. data set? Here
        > is an example of one. http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?
        > t=866480

        Copyright and permission.

        If PCgen does not have permission from both WotC and LucasArts, then
        it can't be done.

        Anestis.
        --
        Anestis Kozakis
        kenosti@...
        Message 3 of 3 , May 28, 2008
          Anestis is correct.

          Though, that is not to say you cannot make a data set for your own
          personal use. PCGen in it's latest incarnation can practically handle
          all the nuances. I've made a data set for myself just to make sure PCGen
          could handle what was needed. There are a few things we cannot replicate
          at this time, but you'll find that it works for everything.

          HINT: Make full use of Abilitycategory tag to make your life easy.
          Time to make - 8 hours.

          Good luck, and if you need help, you can typically find me answering
          help questions on the pcgen listhelp group.

          ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"