[BUG] 5.14.0 RC3 loss of age selection (Venerable) and thus stat/skill problems

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 2 , May 28 4:58 AM
      [BUG] 5.14.0 RC3 loss of age selection (Venerable) and thus stat/skill
      problems

      Hi,

      Problem:

      When adding my first level to a Venerable character, I am having
      problems with the age selection on the Description tab reverting from
      "Venerable" to "Adulthood", so also changing all of the
      stats and the skill points awarded.

      (I don't think it is the same error as described in
      http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/message/97198
      <../../../message/97198> , but they may be related.)

      PCGen and computer Setup:

      This is with 5.14.0 RC3, using the full win installer, running on a
      Vista machine.

      The sources loaded are:

      3.5 RSRD - Campaign Set - No Psionics.

      PCGen Open Gaming Content

      MyCampaign {minimal content here—nothing odd}

      The mode is 3.5.

      Steps to the problem:

      On the Description tab, the age drop down menu is selected for
      "Venerable" and the `Random' selection is off (i.e.
      unchecked).

      A version of the character is saved at this point.

      I then add the class Bard (level 1), select my free clothing option.

      I then notice that, somehow, my skill points awarded are based on a
      simple "Adulthood" selection. I check the Summary tab and the
      modifiers as as per regular "Adulthood". I check the Description
      tab and it now shows "Adulthood", instead of
      "Venerable".

      Trying it again:

      Discarding the changes, I try it again, have reverted to the saved form
      (i.e. Venerable, in a pre-class assignment, `level 0' state) but
      I have the same result.

      Closing the program and trying again doesn't help.

      I also try it with the `Random' checkbox next to the age
      category checked, but no change in result.

      Errors and Warnings:

      There are no errors showing. I had the debugging mode set to
      "Errors"—not sure what level it is best to have it at.

      ~~ Matt

    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 2 , May 29 9:08 AM
        Trackered bug 1978017