RSRD data coding request for standard material comp. and foci

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 4 , May 23, 2008

      I was wondering if someone would be interested in using the SPELLFOCUS
      and MATERIALCOMPONENT item types to create the standard (RSRD),
      valuable material components and spell foci, such as the "tiny lens of
      ruby or sapphire set in a small golden loop. The gemstone must be
      worth at least 1,500 g" used in the Analyze Dweomer spell or the "ruby
      dust (worth 50 gp)" used in the Continual Flame spell.

      I wouldn't know how to code the items or--especially--make the
      decisions about which words to use or in what order they go--"loop,
      golden, small with ruby lens"? "small golden loop"? "loop (Analyze
      Dweomer)"--but I think I have a list somewhere of all of the
      components and foci and could work with someone on it.

      ~~ Matt
    • Stefan Radermacher
      Message 2 of 4 , May 23, 2008
        On Friday 23 May 2008 23:21:56 Matt wrote:
        > I was wondering if someone would be interested in using the SPELLFOCUS
        > and MATERIALCOMPONENT item types to create the standard (RSRD),
        > valuable material components and spell foci, such as the "tiny lens of
        > ruby or sapphire set in a small golden loop. The gemstone must be
        > worth at least 1,500 g" used in the Analyze Dweomer spell or the "ruby
        > dust (worth 50 gp)" used in the Continual Flame spell.
        >
        > I wouldn't know how to code the items or--especially--make the
        > decisions about which words to use or in what order they go--"loop,
        > golden, small with ruby lens"? "small golden loop"? "loop (Analyze
        > Dweomer)"--but I think I have a list somewhere of all of the
        > components and foci and could work with someone on it.

        I second this addition to the RSRD files. In fact I have a file containing a
        few of the valuable components from the SRD as I needed them for my game. If
        the data team thinks that's a good thing to add to the data set, I can finish
        the list and "donate" it to the RSRD set.

        Stefan.
        --
        Happiness is the Road
        http://www.marillion.com
        Message 3 of 4 , May 29, 2008
          Eddy?

          > On Friday 23 May 2008 23:21:56 Matt wrote:
          > > I was wondering if someone would be interested in using the SPELLFOCUS
          > > and MATERIALCOMPONENT item types to create the standard (RSRD),
          > > valuable material components and spell foci, such as the "tiny lens of
          > > ruby or sapphire set in a small golden loop. The gemstone must be
          > > worth at least 1,500 g" used in the Analyze Dweomer spell or the "ruby
          > > dust (worth 50 gp)" used in the Continual Flame spell.
          > >
          > > I wouldn't know how to code the items or--especially--make the
          > > decisions about which words to use or in what order they go--"loop,
          > > golden, small with ruby lens"? "small golden loop"? "loop (Analyze
          > > Dweomer)"--but I think I have a list somewhere of all of the
          > > components and foci and could work with someone on it.
          >
          > I second this addition to the RSRD files. In fact I have a file
          containing a
          > few of the valuable components from the SRD as I needed them for my
          game. If
          > the data team thinks that's a good thing to add to the data set, I
          can finish
          > the list and "donate" it to the RSRD set.
          >
          > Stefan.
          > --
          > Happiness is the Road
          > http://www.marillion.com

        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 4 , May 30, 2008
            Sounds like a nice addition to me. Can you send me your file Stefan? How
            inclusive is it? Did you go through all the spells or is this just what you
            needed for your game?

            Thanks (sorry for the slow response time).

            Martijn Verburg scribed:

            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)