[BUG]? RC2 bought Sack (Small) becomes Sack (Medium) as equipment

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 4 , May 23, 2008

      I don't know if I would call this necessarily a 'bug' or a matter of
      taste, but it seems odd that Autoresize resizes a custom item. I was
      creating Sack (Small) as a simply smaller sack, and so the autoresize
      creates a Sack (Medium) when I add it to an equipment list of a Medium
      character.

      I suppose I should just remove autoresize to prevent this, or create a
      custom "Sack, smaller" to indicate a simply smaller sack (i.e. one
      that starts off smaller but without being technically 'Small').

      In any event, it might be good to have the Sack, made custom to Sack
      (Small) resize to just "Sack"--the original form--instead of a Sack
      (Medium).

      ~~ Matt
    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 4 , May 27, 2008
        I was only half-heartedly keeping an eye on the previous resizing
        issues, but I think this is a known issue and we have bug and freq
        trackers covering it.

        > I don't know if I would call this necessarily a 'bug' or a matter of
        > taste, but it seems odd that Autoresize resizes a custom item. I was
        > creating Sack (Small) as a simply smaller sack, and so the autoresize
        > creates a Sack (Medium) when I add it to an equipment list of a Medium
        > character.
        >
        > I suppose I should just remove autoresize to prevent this, or create a
        > custom "Sack, smaller" to indicate a simply smaller sack (i.e. one
        > that starts off smaller but without being technically 'Small').
        >
        > In any event, it might be good to have the Sack, made custom to Sack
        > (Small) resize to just "Sack"--the original form--instead of a Sack
        > (Medium).
        >
        > ~~ Matt

      • Tom Parker
        Message 3 of 4 , May 27, 2008
          Didn't James (?) fix this prior to 5.14 RC1? What version is being
          used that produces this issue?

          TP.

          wrote:

          > I was only half-heartedly keeping an eye on the previous resizing
          > issues, but I think this is a known issue and we have bug and freq
          > trackers covering it.

          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I don't know if I would call this necessarily a 'bug' or a matter of
          > > taste, but it seems odd that Autoresize resizes a custom item. I was
          > > creating Sack (Small) as a simply smaller sack, and so the autoresize
          > > creates a Sack (Medium) when I add it to an equipment list of a Medium
          > > character.
          > >
          > > I suppose I should just remove autoresize to prevent this, or create a
          > > custom "Sack, smaller" to indicate a simply smaller sack (i.e. one
          > > that starts off smaller but without being technically 'Small').
          > >
          > > In any event, it might be good to have the Sack, made custom to Sack
          > > (Small) resize to just "Sack"--the original form--instead of a Sack
          > > (Medium).
          > >
          > > ~~ Matt

        • Matt
          Message 4 of 4 , May 28, 2008
            I was using Release candidate 2 (what I meant by the RC2 in the
            subject line). The subject lines are short, and often give less space
            than what you think based on the length of the subject line entry box
            and so I leave out the whole 5.15.0 part before the RC part.

            It was also, if it matters, the Win full install, being using on a
            Vista laptop.

            ~~ Matt