SPELLS tag on RACE lst

  • Ricky
    Message 1 of 14 , May 22, 2008
      hi,
      i have a race with some innate spells, but when the race lst is loaded
      and the creature made, none of the spells are appearing in spell tab
      (neither known nor prepared and neither between the spellboks: all are
      empty).
      the race (without all other tags, but if necessary, i can provide
      them) is (new lines are tabs):
      Foorace
      SPELLS:Innate|TIMES=1|CASTERLEVEL=20|Incendiary
      Cloud|Reincarnate|Pyrotechnics|Summon Nature's Ally IX|Veil|Wall of Fire
      SPELLS:Ritual|TIMES=ATWILL|CASTERLEVEL=40|Dismissal|Dispel Evil|Dispel
      Magic

      the console window (with logging level set to "Data Warning") doesn't
      display any error.

      thankyou for helping...
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 14 , May 22, 2008
        Ricky wrote:
        > hi,
        > i have a race with some innate spells, but when the race lst is loaded
        > and the creature made, none of the spells are appearing in spell tab
        > (neither known nor prepared and neither between the spellboks: all are
        > empty).
        > the race (without all other tags, but if necessary, i can provide
        > them) is (new lines are tabs):
        > Foorace
        > SPELLS:Innate|TIMES=1|CASTERLEVEL=20|Incendiary
        > Cloud|Reincarnate|Pyrotechnics|Summon Nature's Ally IX|Veil|Wall of Fire
        > SPELLS:Ritual|TIMES=ATWILL|CASTERLEVEL=40|Dismissal|Dispel Evil|Dispel
        > Magic
        >
        > the console window (with logging level set to "Data Warning") doesn't
        > display any error.
        >
        > thankyou for helping...

        Innate spells are not displayed anywhere on the spells tab (or subtabs)
        but they should appear on the output sheets, the Preview tab and many of
        the sheets on the Character Sheet tab.

        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      • Ricky
        Message 3 of 14 , May 22, 2008
          in the Preview sheet they don't appear. exporting the character to pdf "csheet_fantasy_std_blackandwhite.xslt" or to standard "csheet_fantasy_std.htm", "csheet_fantasy_troubleshooting.htm" doesn't change the situation...

          i'm using pcgen version 5.14rc1 (downloaded today 22nd May)

          Ricky
          (ICQ:158244154) (Y!m:iainuki) (MSN:iainuki4)

          ### the truth is in the eye of the beholder ###

          Message 4 of 14 , May 23, 2008
            Hi Ricky,

            I'll take a look in 30 minutes.

            ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

            Message 5 of 14 , May 23, 2008
              Trackered

              Code Bug:
              1970758 SPELLS tag on RACE lst
              <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1970758&group_id=25576&atid=384719>
              OS Bug:
              1970760 SPELLS tag not being Displayed
              <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1970760&group_id=25576&atid=748296>

              Message 6 of 14 , May 23, 2008
                DISREGARD

                Discovered that a misspelled word in the SPELLS tag syntax will null the
                entire tag. Example:
                SPELLS:Innate|SPELLCASTER=3|Fireball,15

                Correct syntax:
                SPELLS:Innate|CASTERLEVEL=10|Fireball,15

                In the example given... Well I tried and tested and it worked fine.

                Closing trackers.

                Message 7 of 14 , May 23, 2008
                  Ricky,

                  I tested with your example code and it worked fine.

                  Used the test code on the human in the rsrd and no problems.

                  In the preview it will have it's own "tab", in the spells tab it will
                  appear under innate or ritual or whatever name you used, and on export I
                  had no difficulty seeing it...

                  In cases like this it usually comes down to something misspelled... feel
                  free to post a sample of your code [edited if any closed content].

                  Message 8 of 14 , May 23, 2008
                    sorry, but i still don't see where your "correct syntax" is different from my "broken syntax"...
                    your: SPELLS:Innate|CASTERLEVEL=10|Fireball,15
                    my 1:SPELLS:Innate|TIMES=1|CASTERLEVEL=20|Incendiary Cloud|Reincarnate|Pyrotechnics|Summon Nature's Ally IX|Veil|Wall of Fire
                    my 2:SPELLS:Ritual|TIMES=ATWILL|CASTERLEVEL=40|Dismissal|Dispel Evil|Dispel Magic

                    the missing DC is the error? but is optional...
                    the TIMES parameter is reduntant when is the default value 1??
                    the order of the parameter??

                    please, can you point me??

                    Message 9 of 14 , May 23, 2008
                      I took your example and put it into the human race.
                      I loaded the rsrd, nothing else.
                      created a 1st level human fighter
                      looked at preview - three tabs - page 1, page 2, human
                      human had all the spells listed
                      under the SPELLS tab,
                      I see Innate, Ritual

                      all spells listed there

                      Exported to pdf, pg.3 lists the spells there using the standard black
                      and white.

                      So, as far as I can tell, the code works, the syntax works, therefore no
                      reproducable bug on my end.

                      Now, I'm not saying you aren't having a problem, what I'm saying is I
                      can't reproduce it. So, in order for me or a code monkey to assist you
                      we need something more, an example of your code, what sets you're
                      your data).

                      any errors in the console or whatnot... anything else that might lend a
                      hand in tracking down the problem.

                      Message 10 of 14 , May 24, 2008
                        I reduced my lst to only 2 (the race.lst with only this creature and a feat.lst with only a single hidden feat for the creature). these two and the complete rsrd are the only loaded.
                        sadly, during the load fase doesn't appear any error (even in the console with "debug" level).

                        Message 11 of 14 , May 24, 2008
                          Okay, upload the the example files to the pcgen Y! group. I'm running
                          out the door, but I'll look at it tonight or someone can take a look.

                          Message 12 of 14 , May 24, 2008
                            thankyou, zipped and uploaded on files section, "need help with"-> list files.

                            Ricky wrote:
                            > I reduced my lst to only 2 (the race.lst with only this creature and a feat.lst with only a single hidden feat for the creature). these two and the complete rsrd are the only loaded.
                            > sadly, during the load fase doesn't appear any error (even in the console with "debug" level).
                            >
                            > Ricky
                            > (ICQ:158244154) (Y!m:iainuki) (MSN:iainuki4)
                            >

                            > ### the truth is in the eye of the beholder ###

                          • Martijn Verburg
                            Message 13 of 14 , May 29, 2008
                              Bump, I can't get to this until my home machine is back :(, anyone else?

                            • Ricky
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jun 10, 2008
                                I downloaded PCGEN 5.14.0 stable complete zip (today morning
                                10/june/2008 at 11:40 AM GMT+1) on a Microsoft XP sp2 machine with
                                this version of java:

                                java version 1.6.0_05 Java(TM)
                                SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_05-b13)
                                Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 10.0-b19, mixed mode, sharing)

                                Pcgen loads my lst files without any error during the loading of lst
                                files this monster still hasn't any of his innate power...

                                if is an error on my lst, pcgen should say something.. else, innate
                                power should appear somewhere... right?

                                prettylst version 6503 doesn't say anything wrong on this race (or his
                                hidden feat).

                                the "spells" tabs, doesn't display any innate power under any of his
                                subtab (known spells, prepared spells, spell books)
                                the "preview" tab display only 2 pages (and none power), same the
                                "charachter sheet" tabs (with preview.html and troubleshooting.html)
                                innate power doesn't appear.

                                if it's not the SPELLS tag, what's wrong?

                                thankyou in advance for helping me...