Output Sheet for creating Excel or OpenOffice spreadsheet?

  • Royston Lodge
    Message 1 of 3 , May 9, 2008
      Please forgive me if this topic has already been brought up before.

      Has anybody created a PCGen Output Sheet to create a file that can be
      easily imported into Excel or OpenOffice spreadsheet?

      I've bought a really cheap Fujitsu Point 1600 tablet PC. I want to run
      Damn Small Linux on it and use it for my D&D stuff, including keeping
      track of my characters. But, it has way too little memory to run a
      full version of PCGen.

      So, I was hoping I could run PCGen on my desktop, export the character
      sheet to a CSV file or something, and import that into a spreadsheet
      like OpenOffice.

      If anybody's done something like that already, please let me know!
    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 3 , May 12, 2008
        Hi there,

        I've added this as an Output Sheet feature request. At this stage no
        one (that I'm aware of) has created such a sheet

        > Please forgive me if this topic has already been brought up before.
        >
        > Has anybody created a PCGen Output Sheet to create a file that can be
        > easily imported into Excel or OpenOffice spreadsheet?
        >
        > I've bought a really cheap Fujitsu Point 1600 tablet PC. I want to run
        > Damn Small Linux on it and use it for my D&D stuff, including keeping
        > track of my characters. But, it has way too little memory to run a
        > full version of PCGen.
        >
        > So, I was hoping I could run PCGen on my desktop, export the character
        > sheet to a CSV file or something, and import that into a spreadsheet
        > like OpenOffice.
        >
        > If anybody's done something like that already, please let me know!

      • Matt
        Message 3 of 3 , May 18, 2008
          Hi All,

          A 'just-the-facts' Excel/OpenOffice spreadsheet would be wonderful,
          and it would allow easy communication with other office-type documents
          (with fields and the like).

          An interesting extension of the idea would be to have a system/sheet
          to allow interconversion between PCGen and HeroForge. (I realize that
          it would probably be impossible be impossible to fully implement
          because of HeroForge's total use of WoTC's non-open content, but it
          might be possible to go from PCGen OGL-material to HeroForge
          OLG-material and back.)

          ~~ Matt