Re: [pcgen] [Trackered] can INCLUDE & EXCLUDE be used on Ability files?

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 9 , May 7 7:52 PM
      If it looks good to you that's enough for me.
      -Eddy

      James Dempsey scribed:

      > Hi Eddy,
      >
      > I presume we will go with Tom's suggestion? That seems the best to me.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > James.
      >

      > 2008/5/8 Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...>:
      >
      >> Trackered and assigned to James so it doesn't get lost, I haven't assigned
      >> group to it.
      >>
      >> [ 1959968 ] INCLUDE & EXCLUDE usage on Ability files
      >>
      >> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1959968&group_id=2
      >> 5576&atid=384719<https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=19
      >> 59968&group_id=25576&atid=384719>
      >>
      >> Tom Parker scribed:

      >>> Given
      >>> abilities

      >>> raise a
      >>> probable

      >>> There is a third option:
      >>>

      >>> * (INCLUDE:CATEGORY=cat;abilityKey,abilityKey|...)
      >>> This makes each CATEGORY separable by | while using unique separators
      >>> to break apart the CATEGORY from the keys. This makes parsing rather
      >>> easy...
      >>> for each item separated by |
      >>> for the first item separated by ; set the CATEGORY
      >>> for the second item separated by ;

      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 9 , May 17 5:56 PM

        I've implemented Tom's option in both 5.14 and trunk. e.g.
        INCLUDE:CATEGORY=Occupation,Academic,Celebrity,Adventurer|CATEGORY=Wealth,Wealth
        Roll of 2

        Note: This introduces a new deprecation warning. INCLUDE:key is no longer
        valid on feat or ability includes in PCC files. A deprecation warning has
        been added in both 5.14 and trunk for this. The trunk one will be removed
        once the core data has been updated.

        Cheers,
        James.

      • Andrew Wilson
        Message 3 of 9 , May 18 9:47 AM
          On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 10:56:45AM +1000, James Dempsey wrote:
          > I've implemented Tom's option in both 5.14 and trunk. e.g.
          > INCLUDE:CATEGORY=Occupation,Academic,Celebrity,Adventurer|CATEGORY=Wealth,Wealth
          > Roll of 2

          That isn't Tom's proposed syntax. It's missing the semi-colons.

          INCLUDE:CATEGORY=Occupation;Academic,Celebrity,Adventurer|CATEGORY=Wealth;Wealth
          Roll of 2

          andrew
          --
          Aries: (March 21 - April 19)
          You'll be simultaneously struck by mystical lightning, bathed