Re: [FREQ] 5.14.0 RC1. .. better way to enter "Purchase Mode", pt 2

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 8 , May 7, 2008
      > > Hi James,
      > >
      > > Hmm, I might be interpreting this incorrectly, but the point buy
      > > screen does allow you to add new scales/values (by using the New
      > > button), there is also a drop down on that same screen allowing
      > > you to choose between the different point buys (I assumed in
      > > order to edit them). However, selecting a different point buy
      > > doesn't bring up it's 'table'.
      >
      > That's because it is only coded to handle one scale and multiple
      > values. That's the way it has always been. The DMG presents one
      > scale and a number of different point values as options. We do a
      > similar thing here.

      Ah, I see now, OK I'll move it to a FREQ.

      > > I think it is a genuine bug? Either that or perhaps we need
      > > to remove the illusion that you can have multiple point buys?
      > >
      > We could add a title to the box that the value stuff is in
      > (including the new button). Would that assist?

      I think it would help yes (at least one user + me got a little
      confused ;p). Shall I raise as a low priority 5.14 bug?

    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 8 , May 7, 2008
        Hi Kar,

        On 7/05/2008 10:25 PM Martijn Verburg wrote
        >>> Hi James,
        >>>
        >>> Hmm, I might be interpreting this incorrectly, but the point buy
        >>> screen does allow you to add new scales/values (by using the New
        >>> button), there is also a drop down on that same screen allowing
        >>> you to choose between the different point buys (I assumed in
        >>> order to edit them). However, selecting a different point buy
        >>> doesn't bring up it's 'table'.
        >>>
        >> That's because it is only coded to handle one scale and multiple
        >> values. That's the way it has always been. The DMG presents one
        >> scale and a number of different point values as options. We do a
        >> similar thing here.
        >>

        > Ah, I see now, OK I'll move it to a FREQ.

        Thanks for that.

        >>> I think it is a genuine bug? Either that or perhaps we need
        >>> to remove the illusion that you can have multiple point buys?
        >>>

        >> We could add a title to the box that the value stuff is in
        >> (including the new button). Would that assist?
        >>

        > I think it would help yes (at least one user + me got a little
        > confused ;p). Shall I raise as a low priority 5.14 bug?

        Yeah that sounds good. It's a very easy change so shouldn't be an issue.

        James Dempsey
        PCGen Code SB
      • Martijn Verburg
        Message 3 of 8 , May 7, 2008
          > >> We could add a title to the box that the value stuff is in
          > >> (including the new button). Would that assist?
          > >>

          > > I think it would help yes (at least one user + me got a little
          > > confused ;p). Shall I raise as a low priority 5.14 bug?
          > >

          > Yeah that sounds good. It's a very easy change so shouldn't be an
          > issue.

          Trackered - K