Re: 5.13.14 keeps freezing up on me

  • Tom Parker
    Message 1 of 8 , May 6, 2008
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "duroondgr" <duroondgr@...> wrote:

      > I am using sun java 6 on a ubuntu 8.04 os. I upgraded to pcgen 5.13.14
      > because it has the pathfinder info mainly. I have been trying to enter
      > in one of my players characters and after a few minutes of working on
      > the character pcgen freezes up. I run it from a terminal window and
      > the only error messages I am getting are as follows.

      Ignore my previous question. I believe you are experiencing this:

      As to *why*, I can't particularly explain that, because I can
      successfully run on Java 6 / Hardy

      TP.
    • James Milne
      Message 2 of 8 , May 6, 2008
        I have gotten to the point now where the only time the program hangs is when I try and go to the preview tab, everything else works.

        http://bugs. sun.com/bugdatab ase/view_ bug.do?bug_ id=6624717

        As to *why*, I can't particularly explain that, because I can
        successfully run on Java 6 / Hardy

        TP.

      • duroondgr
        Message 3 of 8 , May 7, 2008
          Well I have the preview tab working again. It seems that, for some
          strange reason, having the look and feel set to system (under
          preferences) was the culprit. When I set look and feel back to Java I
          could access the preview tab again. Also I tried installing open-java
          again and that did make the sources list disappear once again. As soon
          as I uninstalled open-java all the sources popped back up in the
          selection window.

          Jim