Re: 5.13.14 keeps freezing up on me

  • Tom Parker
    Message 1 of 8 , May 6, 2008
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "duroondgr" <duroondgr@...> wrote:

      > I am using sun java 6 on a ubuntu 8.04 os. I upgraded to pcgen 5.13.14
      > because it has the pathfinder info mainly. I have been trying to enter
      > in one of my players characters and after a few minutes of working on
      > the character pcgen freezes up. I run it from a terminal window and
      > the only error messages I am getting are as follows.

      What input device are you using? Bluetooth mouse?, etc?
    • Tom Parker
      Message 2 of 8 , May 6, 2008
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "duroondgr" <duroondgr@...> wrote:

        > I am using sun java 6 on a ubuntu 8.04 os. I upgraded to pcgen 5.13.14
        > because it has the pathfinder info mainly. I have been trying to enter
        > in one of my players characters and after a few minutes of working on
        > the character pcgen freezes up. I run it from a terminal window and
        > the only error messages I am getting are as follows.

        Ignore my previous question. I believe you are experiencing this:

        As to *why*, I can't particularly explain that, because I can
        successfully run on Java 6 / Hardy

        TP.
      • James Milne
        Message 3 of 8 , May 6, 2008
          I have gotten to the point now where the only time the program hangs is when I try and go to the preview tab, everything else works.

          http://bugs. sun.com/bugdatab ase/view_ bug.do?bug_ id=6624717

          As to *why*, I can't particularly explain that, because I can
          successfully run on Java 6 / Hardy

          TP.

        • duroondgr
          Message 4 of 8 , May 7, 2008
            Well I have the preview tab working again. It seems that, for some
            strange reason, having the look and feel set to system (under
            preferences) was the culprit. When I set look and feel back to Java I
            could access the preview tab again. Also I tried installing open-java
            again and that did make the sources list disappear once again. As soon
            as I uninstalled open-java all the sources popped back up in the
            selection window.

            Jim