Any chance some more datasets will be coming out?

  • iwarrior_poetklingon2000
    Message 1 of 5 , May 6, 2008
      I would REALLY love it if I could use Mongoose's Quintessential Ranger
      I+II and the Secrets of Theurgy (in full Stable Releases). Any chance
      of that happening? I don't code---but would be willing to barter for
      someone to do the coding (so long as Mongoose signs off on the
      datasets of course).
      Message 2 of 5 , May 7, 2008
        There is always a good chance of a requested Data Set being inputted.

        We have a WIKI page for all the requested Data Sets. What it does take
        is a volunteer interested in coding it up. I prefer to code up 3.5
        books, since I'm more familiar with the mechanics, but I can be
        convinced to take on a 3e set every once in awhile. The prime
        differences are skills and feats...

        Current requested Mongoose Sources: found
        http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/Data+Wishlist
        Mongoose Publishing Quintessential Chaos Mage
        Mongoose Publishing Armageddon: 2089
        Mongoose Publishing Quintessential Cleric
        Mongoose Publishing Quintessential Fighter
        Mongoose Publishing Quintessential Rogue
        Mongoose Publishing Quintessential Witch
        Mongoose Publishing Ultimate Feats

        And permissions - found
        http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/acknowledgments/publishersandsources.html#publishers

        *Mongoose Publishing <http://mongoosepublishing.com>*

        Point-of-Contact: Matthew Sprange

        General Permissions:

        All licensed Properties of theirs (Babylon-5, Conan, etc)

        Permission Type - Denied - Various licensing issues

        Review Requirement - N/A

        Date Confirmed - 17/03/2004

        All Non-licensed Properties of theirs and all OGC material

        Permission Type - Full Permission

        Artwork Allowed - Cover and Logos

        Hyperlinks Allowed - All

        Review Requirement - No Review Required

        Date Confirmed - 25/03/2008

        Specific Permissions:

        None

        Sources In Distibution:

        3.5 Gamemode - Distrubution Status: Alpha-Included

        * Pocket Players Handbook

        3.0 Gamemode - Distrubution Status: Release-Included

        * Collectors Series - Quintessential Fighter
        * Collectors Series - Quintessential Rogue
        * Encyclopaedia Arcane - Chaos Magic
        * Encyclopaedia Arcane - Demonology
        * Encyclopaedia Arcane - Enchantment
        * Encyclopaedia Arcane - Necromancy
        * Encyclopaedia Divine - Fey Magic
        * Gladiators - Sands of Death
        * Slayers Guide - Amazons
        * Slayers Guide - Centaurs
        * Slayers Guide - Gnolls
        * Slayers Guide - Hobgoblins
        * Slayers Guide - Minotaurs
        * Slayers Guide - Troglodytes
        * Traveller's Tales - Seas of Blood
        * Power Classes Volume I - Assassin

        d20 Modern Gamemode - Distrubution Status: Alpha-Included

        * Modern Pocket Handbook

        ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

        iwarrior_poetklingon2000 wrote:
        > I would REALLY love it if I could use Mongoose's Quintessential Ranger
        > I+II and the Secrets of Theurgy (in full Stable Releases). Any chance
        > of that happening? I don't code---but would be willing to barter for
        > someone to do the coding (so long as Mongoose signs off on the
        > datasets of course).

      • iwarrior_poetklingon2000
        Message 3 of 5 , May 7, 2008

          > There is always a good chance of a requested Data Set being inputted.
          >
          > We have a WIKI page for all the requested Data Sets. What it does take
          > is a volunteer interested in coding it up. I prefer to code up 3.5
          > books, since I'm more familiar with the mechanics, but I can be
          > convinced to take on a 3e set every once in awhile. The prime
          > differences are skills and feats...
          >

          > Current requested Mongoose Sources: found
          > http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/Data+Wishlist
          > Mongoose Publishing Quintessential Chaos Mage
          > Mongoose Publishing Armageddon: 2089
          > Mongoose Publishing Quintessential Cleric
          > Mongoose Publishing Quintessential Fighter
          > Mongoose Publishing Quintessential Rogue
          > Mongoose Publishing Quintessential Witch
          > Mongoose Publishing Ultimate Feats
          >

          > And permissions - found

          http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/acknowledgments/publishersandsources.html#publishers

          > *Mongoose Publishing <http://mongoosepublishing.com>*
          >
          > Point-of-Contact: Matthew Sprange
          >
          > General Permissions:
          >
          > All licensed Properties of theirs (Babylon-5, Conan, etc)
          >
          > Permission Type - Denied - Various licensing issues
          >
          > Review Requirement - N/A
          >
          > Date Confirmed - 17/03/2004
          >
          > All Non-licensed Properties of theirs and all OGC material
          >
          > Permission Type - Full Permission
          >
          > Artwork Allowed - Cover and Logos
          >
          > Hyperlinks Allowed - All
          >
          > Review Requirement - No Review Required
          >
          > Date Confirmed - 25/03/2008
          >
          > Specific Permissions:
          >
          > None
          >
          > Sources In Distibution:
          >
          > 3.5 Gamemode - Distrubution Status: Alpha-Included
          >
          > * Pocket Players Handbook
          >
          > 3.0 Gamemode - Distrubution Status: Release-Included
          >
          > * Collectors Series - Quintessential Fighter
          > * Collectors Series - Quintessential Rogue
          > * Encyclopaedia Arcane - Chaos Magic
          > * Encyclopaedia Arcane - Demonology
          > * Encyclopaedia Arcane - Enchantment
          > * Encyclopaedia Arcane - Necromancy
          > * Encyclopaedia Divine - Fey Magic
          > * Gladiators - Sands of Death
          > * Slayers Guide - Amazons
          > * Slayers Guide - Centaurs
          > * Slayers Guide - Gnolls
          > * Slayers Guide - Hobgoblins
          > * Slayers Guide - Minotaurs
          > * Slayers Guide - Troglodytes
          > * Traveller's Tales - Seas of Blood
          > * Power Classes Volume I - Assassin
          >
          > d20 Modern Gamemode - Distrubution Status: Alpha-Included
          >
          > * Modern Pocket Handbook
          >

          > ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          > ~ Data Gibbon, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Lemur
          > "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
          >

          > iwarrior_poetklingon2000 wrote:
          > > I would REALLY love it if I could use Mongoose's Quintessential Ranger
          > > I+II and the Secrets of Theurgy (in full Stable Releases). Any chance
          > > of that happening? I don't code---but would be willing to barter for
          > > someone to do the coding (so long as Mongoose signs off on the
          > > datasets of course).

          > > PCGen's Online Docs:
          > > PCGen's Data Help Grp:

          Thanks!
          How do I get my datasets on the wish list? Any suggestions on how to
          convince a code monkey to work on them?
        • Martijn Verburg
          Message 4 of 5 , May 8, 2008
            Hi there,

            > Thanks!
            > How do I get my datasets on the wish list? Any suggestions on how to
            > convince a code monkey to work on them?

            You post what you'd like added to the Wiki up here (at this stage we
            restrict the editing of the wiki to team members).

            As for convincing a data monkey to code the set up, you can ask on
            this list or the experimental list. Often offering to supply the
            source material helps :)

            Unfortunately we do have a _long_ list of data sets people want us to
            work on, so you may have to be patient!

          • iwarrior_poetklingon2000
            Message 5 of 5 , May 8, 2008
              wrote:

              > Hi there,
              >
              > > Thanks!
              > > How do I get my datasets on the wish list? Any suggestions on how to
              > > convince a code monkey to work on them?
              >
              > You post what you'd like added to the Wiki up here (at this stage we
              > restrict the editing of the wiki to team members).
              >
              > As for convincing a data monkey to code the set up, you can ask on
              > this list or the experimental list. Often offering to supply the
              > source material helps :)
              >
              > Unfortunately we do have a _long_ list of data sets people want us to
              > work on, so you may have to be patient!

              Thanks.