[FREQ] 5.14.0 RC1. Need better way to enter "Purchase Mode Configuration", pt 1

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2008

      I am always having troubles creating or re-creating the Purchase Mode
      Configuration tables. Although re-creating the table would be less
      necessary when future PCGen releases relocate the location of this
      information (as I understand they will), it is still a pain to do the
      first time, regardless.

      The table starts out with a value like:

      10 0

      and I then try to add the lower figures, re-starting at the common
      "min" of 8, which creates a table like:

      8 -2
      9 -1
      10 0

      Of course, I was looking to have the "min" score of 8 cost 0 points,
      not -2. No matter how much I try to change the min score of 8 to cost
      0, or hit the buttons in different sequences, I always get something
      like that.

      Adding costs for the scores of 11 to 18 comes next and just means that
      I have to carefully delete values in each slot and put in the values I
      want (0 to 16), slot by slot. (The selecting also seems to work
      differently compared to most form behaviors, so that getting rid of
      the "-" takes extra work.)

      Sometimes, this gets all messed up, and I get something awful like
      this (an actual result):

      8 0
      9 1
      10 -2
      11 -5
      12 -8
      13 -11
      14 -14
      15 -17
      16 -20
      17 -23
      18 -26

      (*Sigh*) At best, I get something like this:

      8 -2
      9 -1
      10 0
      11 1
      12 2
      13 3
      14 4
      15 5
      16 6
      17 7
      18 8

      ... which is a logical sequence, but a logical sequence that is wrong
      at every score and so needs every score edited.

      If there was someway of properly establishing '8' (or whatever) as the
      new, real 'min' score (from which point buys are based), then I could
      probably get something like:

      8 0
      9 1
      10 2
      11 3
      12 4
      13 5 (etc)

      ... which would solve about half of my Purchase Mode Configuration
      table, at least.

      ~~ Matt
    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 2 , May 6, 2008
        Trackered as a bug for 5.14, when entering a value directly into teh
        min or max box, the table above does not update - K