Where Is the Message Window in 5.14.0RC1?

  • musicguerilla
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2008
      hi, i downloaded the new release candidate (win full install in its own
      directory, win xp sp2 with latest sun java) and unlike the last two
      releases, does not bring up the message window (black text on white
      background) that was in the last two releases. Was that meant to be a
      temporary thing? i liked having that window, i always thought it was a
      handy thing to have and easier to read than the original white text on
      black background that is at startup. Any chance that can be made a
      permanent feature, perhaps a checkbox in preferences so those who might
      not like it can turn it off (or vice versa).

      Thanks!!! i'm playing with my new toy now, i'll get back to ya if i
      find anything ;)

      Bri
    • musicguerilla
      Message 2 of 3 , May 4, 2008
        *scratches his head in puzzlement* ok it started working on its own
        on, like, the fourth time i opened the program. how very odd......

        dunno if that's a bug or just some goofy glitch.

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "musicguerilla" <musicguerilla@...>
        wrote:

        > hi, i downloaded the new release candidate (win full install in its
        own
        > directory, win xp sp2 with latest sun java) and unlike the last two
        > releases, does not bring up the message window (black text on white
        > background) that was in the last two releases. Was that meant to be
        > temporary thing? i liked having that window, i always thought it
        was a
        > handy thing to have and easier to read than the original white text
        on
        > black background that is at startup. Any chance that can be made a
        > permanent feature, perhaps a checkbox in preferences so those who
        might
        > not like it can turn it off (or vice versa).
        >
        > Thanks!!! i'm playing with my new toy now, i'll get back to ya if i
        > find anything ;)
        >
        > Bri

      • Martijn Verburg
        Message 3 of 3 , May 6, 2008
          I can't reproduce this, if anyone else can please yell out! - K