RE: [pcgen] Re: [BUG][5.13.13] PRESPELLSCHOOL/PRESPELLSCHOOLSUB & SPELLS

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 8 , May 4, 2008

      Heh, I'm stubborn. I made it work anyway (just required the liberal
      application of PREMULT). :p

      But, even though it works, I'm pretty sure that the PRESPELLSCHOOL and
      PRESPELLSCHOOLSUB should be passed by spells granted via the SPELLS tag, so
      I'm flagging it as a bug to be fixed.

      Barak
    • Tom Parker
      Message 2 of 8 , May 4, 2008
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ovka" <lpacdavis@...> wrote:

        > Barak,
        >
        > This is why my entire implementation for ToB:B09S uses feats and the
        > SPELLS tag. I couldn't make it work the other way, but my player
        > with the Forest Gnome Sorcerer/Crusader/Jade Phoenix Mage and his
        > cohort, a Monk/Swordsage/Shadow Sun Ninja, is very happy with it this
        > way.
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Sir George Anonymous

        I don't recall seeing a bug report about this before... have you
        mentioned it before now? That would really help us to get reports
        when you have problems.

        TP.
        Message 3 of 8 , May 4, 2008
          Barak, Why feats? Why not using the ABILITYCATEGORY stuff? Much more
          simpler - same concept only no need for a "master" feat. Then you can
          have a feat grant a point into the proper ability pool for the
          non-martial guys. Otherwise sounds like it's coded up nicely.

          ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

          Tom Parker wrote:
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ovka" <lpacdavis@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Barak,
          >>
          >> This is why my entire implementation for ToB:B09S uses feats and the
          >> SPELLS tag. I couldn't make it work the other way, but my player
          >> with the Forest Gnome Sorcerer/Crusader/Jade Phoenix Mage and his
          >> cohort, a Monk/Swordsage/Shadow Sun Ninja, is very happy with it this
          >> way.
          >>
          >> Cheers,
          >>
          >> Sir George Anonymous
          >>

          > I don't recall seeing a bug report about this before... have you
          > mentioned it before now? That would really help us to get reports
          > when you have problems.
          >
          > TP.

        • ovka
          Message 4 of 8 , May 5, 2008
            >Why feats? Why not using the ABILITYCATEGORY stuff? Much more
            >simpler - same concept only no need for a "master" feat. Then you
            >can
            >have a feat grant a point into the proper ability pool for the
            >non-martial guys. Otherwise sounds like it's coded up nicely.

            I use feats because I first coded it up under 5.8.1. Due to a CMP OS
            issue that I am working on, I haven't moved my PC's from 5.10.2 to
            newer versions yet. :( Also, I haven't had time to sit down and
            figure out the ABILITYCATEGORY stuff yet.

            Cheers,

            Sir George Anonymous
            Message 5 of 8 , May 5, 2008
              Oh okay... Switching it over isn't hard to do. If you use the latest
              version you'll make a abilitycat.lst file where you can make
              ABILITYCATEGORY to your hearts content. You'll need to reference the new
              file in the pcc call, and you'll want to make a new ability.lst file,
              place your custom feats in there (and a pcc call as ABILITY) and then
              add the tag CATEGORY:<WhatYouNamedYourAbilityCategory> to all your "feats".

              It's really that simple. I have some samples if you want to go for it.

              ovka wrote:
              >> Why feats? Why not using the ABILITYCATEGORY stuff? Much more
              >> simpler - same concept only no need for a "master" feat. Then you
              >> can
              >> have a feat grant a point into the proper ability pool for the
              >> non-martial guys. Otherwise sounds like it's coded up nicely.
              >>

              > I use feats because I first coded it up under 5.8.1. Due to a CMP OS
              > issue that I am working on, I haven't moved my PC's from 5.10.2 to
              > newer versions yet. :( Also, I haven't had time to sit down and
              > figure out the ABILITYCATEGORY stuff yet.
              >
              > Cheers,
              >
              > Sir George Anonymous

            • ovka
              Message 6 of 8 , May 5, 2008
                >Oh okay... Switching it over isn't hard to do. If you use the latest
                >version you'll make a abilitycat.lst file where you can make
                >ABILITYCATEGORY to your hearts content. You'll need to reference the
                >new
                >file in the pcc call, and you'll want to make a new ability.lst file,
                >place your custom feats in there (and a pcc call as ABILITY) and then
                >add the tag CATEGORY:<WhatYouNamedYourAbilityCategory> to all
                >your "feats".
                >
                > It's really that simple. I have some samples if you want to go for it.

                When I get my OS issue fixed, I plan to upgrade to the latest and
                greatest version. Until then, I'm kind of stuck. I found a work-
                around yesterday, but it's a PITA. After I get it fixed, I may take
                you up on that. I think I also saw a how to on either LstFileHelp or
                Experimental.

                Cheers,

                Sir George Anonymous