Does PCGen 5.12 not come with the Pathfinder ROTR dataset?

  • duroondgr
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2008
      I don't seem to be able to locate the Pathfinder dataset in 5.12, is
      it only available in one of the newer versions of PCGen? Is there a
      way I can just get the dataset and add it into the 5.12 version?

      Jim
    • Eric C. Smith
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2008
        Hi Jim!

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "duroondgr" <duroondgr@...> wrote:

        > I don't seem to be able to locate the Pathfinder dataset in 5.12, is
        > it only available in one of the newer versions of PCGen? Is there a
        > way I can just get the dataset and add it into the 5.12 version?

        Pathfinder: Rise of the Rune Lords, Players Guide
        and Chapter 1, was only recently added to PCGen's
        collection of distributed datasets so you will not
        find it within PCGen v5.12.x.

        I'm not even sure at this point if it is compatible
        with 5.12 as there have been a number of changes
        in the lst tags since 5.12. Either Eddy or Andrew M
        would need to comment on that issue.

        Eric Smith
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2008
          Eric C. Smith wrote:
          > Hi Jim!
          >
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "duroondgr" <duroondgr@...> wrote:
          >
          >> I don't seem to be able to locate the Pathfinder dataset in 5.12, is
          >> it only available in one of the newer versions of PCGen? Is there a
          >> way I can just get the dataset and add it into the 5.12 version?
          >>

          > Pathfinder: Rise of the Rune Lords, Players Guide
          > and Chapter 1, was only recently added to PCGen's
          > collection of distributed datasets so you will not
          > find it within PCGen v5.12.x.
          >
          > I'm not even sure at this point if it is compatible
          > with 5.12 as there have been a number of changes
          > in the lst tags since 5.12. Either Eddy or Andrew M
          > would need to comment on that issue.
          >
          > Eric Smith

          It is not. Any set which has been updated with all the token changes
          this cycle is likely to generate errors if loaded in 5.12. It may be
          possible to back-port the set to the older syntax but with a new
          production release just weeks away it might be better just to wait.

          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)