Re: [pcgen] Re: Help needed setting up PCgen on a linux machine

  • James Milne
    Message 1 of 47 , May 1, 2008
      Sun Java is in the repositories, yes. However if you install the ubuntu restricted extras package it installs open java instead of Sun's. Instead of installing that package I have had to go through and pick all the various drivers and software that would be in the package and install them separately. I doubt it would actually be a problem as long as Sun's verison gets installed first.

      Message 47 of 47 , Jun 2, 2008
        OpenJDK is installed by default in Ubuntu Hardy Heron (8.04-LTS).

        Since you've installed Sun's Java, you can remove open-java. The
        packages are:
        openjdk-6-jdk
        openjdk-6-jre
        openjdk-6-jre-headless