Re: [pcgen] Re: Help needed setting up PCgen on a linux machine

  • James Milne
    Message 1 of 47 , May 1 9:18 PM
      Sun Java is in the repositories, yes. However if you install the ubuntu restricted extras package it installs open java instead of Sun's. Instead of installing that package I have had to go through and pick all the various drivers and software that would be in the package and install them separately. I doubt it would actually be a problem as long as Sun's verison gets installed first.

      Message 47 of 47 , Jun 2, 2008
        OpenJDK is installed by default in Ubuntu Hardy Heron (8.04-LTS).

        Since you've installed Sun's Java, you can remove open-java. The
        packages are:
        openjdk-6-jdk
        openjdk-6-jre
        openjdk-6-jre-headless