Re: Help needed setting up PCgen on a linux machine

  • motorfudge
    Message 1 of 47 , Apr 30, 2008
      Odd.... Downloaded from sourceforge at 3:04 pm

      pcgen5121_full.zip and when I open the zip file it has those files
      under the main directory but somehow when it got extracted the files
      got moved under system.

      Just to make it simple and be sure it worked I deleted the directory,
      re-extracted the files and they came out in the proper place. Set
      the .sh file to executable and it's running now.

      Maybe I fat-fingered something and just happened to get the same
      symptoms as everyone else?

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "James Dempsey" <jdempsey@...> wrote:

      > Hi Nic,
      >
      > 2008/5/1 motorfudge <motorfudge@...>:
      >
      > > Copied pcgen.sh to the parent folder and checked all file permissions.
      > >
      > > nik@ktrout:~/pcgen5121$ ./pcgen.sh
      > > Unable to access jarfile ./pcgen.jar
      > >
      > > Yes, it is installing it to the system folder by default.
      > >

      > Hmm, the pcgen5121_full.zip that I downloaded from SourceForge just
      then has
      > theses file in the pcgen5121 folder. Just wondering then what source you
      > used for the install? What was the file called and where did you
      download it
      > from?
      >
      > --
      > Cheers,
      > James Dempsey
      > PCGen Code SB

    • Tom Parker
      Message 47 of 47 , Jun 2, 2008
        OpenJDK is installed by default in Ubuntu Hardy Heron (8.04-LTS).

        Since you've installed Sun's Java, you can remove open-java. The
        packages are:
        openjdk-6-jdk
        openjdk-6-jre
        openjdk-6-jre-headless