Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

BoD log 4/21/08

Expand Messages
  • Eddy Anthony
    [Chair]Eddy: I ve got 10pm, let s begin [Chair]Eddy: Tonights agenda items following status reports: [Chair]Eddy: 1.) 5.14 status [Chair]Eddy: 2.) Gencon
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2008
    • 0 Attachment
      [Chair]Eddy: I've got 10pm, let's begin
      [Chair]Eddy: Tonights agenda items following status reports:
      [Chair]Eddy: 1.) 5.14 status
      [Chair]Eddy: 2.) Gencon plans
      [Chair]Eddy: James can't make it tonight, I'll repost his code report after
      Content
      [Chair]Eddy: Content Report
      [Chair]Eddy: Documentation
      [Chair]Eddy: Doc Bugs: 2 for 5.12 (3 total, -2 since last meeting)
      [Chair]Eddy: Doc FREQs: 7 for 5.14 (31 total, +1 since last meeting)
      [Chair]Eddy: Doc status: still good to go, issues are being delt with as
      they are posted
      [Chair]Eddy: Output Sheets
      [Chair]Eddy: OS Bugs: 3 for 5.14 (4 total, unchanged since last meeting)
      [Chair]Eddy: OS FREQs: 2 for 5.14 (I moved most of these to the 6.0 group,
      39 total, unchanged since last meeting)
      [Chair]Eddy: Data
      [Chair]Eddy: Data Bugs: 2 for 5.14 (30 Total, +2 since last meeting)
      [Chair]Eddy: Data FREQs: 2 for 5.14 (52 Total, unchanged since last meeting)
      [Chair]Eddy: Data status: still good to go, issues are being delt with as
      they are posted
      [Chair]Eddy: New Data Development:
      [Chair]Eddy: We have one left in the pipeline for 5.14:
      [Chair]Eddy: [1843819] [AEG]Gods
      [Chair]Eddy: Needs to be reviewed for OGL complience
      [Chair]Eddy: Code Report 20080422 (pre 5.13.14) (Reposted from BoD list by
      James)
      [Admin_SB]Drew: Need to add FIM
      [Chair]Eddy: Will that be ready for 5.14?
      [Admin_SB]Drew: I'm hoping to get an extra hand, so Yes
      [Chair]Eddy: As in the next couple of weeks?
      [Chair]Eddy: OK
      [Admin_SB]Drew: Correct
      [Chair]Eddy: Code Report
      [Chair]Eddy: Bugs:
      [Chair]Eddy: Last meeting 36 open.
      [Chair]Eddy: This fortnight: 24 new opened (many older ones that were not
      previously scheduled),
      [Chair]Eddy: 25 fixed,
      [Chair]Eddy: 17 pending/deleted (duplicates or not bugs), 1 reclassified to
      freq,
      irc: BPIJonathan has joined pcgen
      [Chair]Eddy: 20 open for 5.14
      [Admin_SB]Drew: Hi Jonathan!
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Yea Johnathan!
      BPIJonathan: i wasnt really certain I was going to make it.
      [Chair]Eddy: Welcome Jonathan
      [Arch_SB]thpr: Eddy: Actually it's 18 at this point
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Hi Noathan!
      [Arch_SB]thpr: for 5.14
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Jonathan
      [Chair]Eddy: must have changed since James made his post
      [Chair]Eddy: Feature requests: Last meeting 2 open. This fortnight: 1 opened
      (ex bug), 1 rescheduled, 0 closed, 2 open for 5.14
      [Chair]Eddy: Plugin bugs: Last meeting: 9 open. This fortnight: 0 new
      opened, 0 fixed, 9 open for 5.14
      [Chair]Eddy: Plugin feature requests: No further work scheduled for 5.14
      [Chair]Eddy: So, code is catching up (thanks to Tom and Kar for their help
      here)!
      [Chair]Eddy: Yay! The high level of duplicates/non-bugs reflects a trove of
      older bugs being found but also that we do need to confirm all bug reports.
      [Chair]Eddy: Not sure on when the most appropriate time for this is though.
      [Chair]Eddy: Of the two open features, one will be closed tonight and the
      other is a Mac installation issue that will depend on Eddy's time.
      [Chair]Eddy: OK that ends James report
      [Chair]Eddy: Questions for content?
      [Admin_SB]Drew: Looking good. none from me
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: None from PR . . .
      [Arch_SB]thpr: not from me
      [Chair]Eddy: OK, Andrew can you do the admin report next?
      [Admin_SB]Drew: Sure thing:
      [Admin_SB]Drew: Website Status - On hold till post 5.14
      [Admin_SB]Drew: Trackers - We have a new group 5.14.1 for all non-6.0 but
      should be 5.14.1 release (When we get to releasing a 5.14.1)
      [Admin_SB]Drew: On trackers, it is encouraged people check all trackers that
      may be assigned to them... Follow up questions and the like. Been doing a
      good job here.
      [Admin_SB]Drew: Release - James is doing the release Australia Time (Normal
      Time and Place) This should be the last Beta - However we have the caveat of
      a go/no go scheduled for one week from today.
      [Admin_SB]Drew: This ties in to the Code and Arch SBs
      [Admin_SB]Drew: OKay, any Questions for Admin?
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: None from PR . . .
      [Chair]Eddy: not from me, sounds good
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Not from me
      [Admin_SB]Drew: Sounds good over to you Eddy
      [Chair]Eddy: Eric, shall we go to PR next?
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Will do . ..
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: The PL Subteam has been quite this last two weeks with
      little new to report.
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: We did get one additional publisher to extebd their
      permissions to include cover art, logos, and hyperlinks.
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: I'll send out another round of letters to those publishers
      who have not yet responded.
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: After 5.14 goes out, we'll pick up the publishers that we
      don't currently distribute sets for . . .
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: The OGL Team, again, has been quite, though we have been
      watching with fascination all the 'news' on the GSL.
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Yes lovely "news"
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Nothing to report there though until WotC releases the GSL.
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: I do have a letter into WotC asking about the status of the
      NDS's we submitted.
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: No word yet.
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: On the Advertising frnont, nothing new there either.
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: PRess Releases went out for 5.13.13 and we will do the samr
      tomorrow for 5.13.14.
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: I am preparing the press release for 5.14. I want to make
      sure its complete and want to have it ready when we release, when ever we
      release.
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Anything to add Paul?
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Any question or comments?
      [Arch_SB]thpr: not from me
      [Chair]Eddy: not from me
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Hmm, not really. Other than your news post about the GenCon
      stuff
      [OGL]Nylanfs: but that can be later :)
      [Admin_SB]Drew: Not from me....
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Yep . . . Gen Con update later . . .
      [Chair]Eddy: Ok Tom, let's go to ARCH next
      [Arch_SB]thpr: Well, I've been pretty much idle in my arch capacity
      [Arch_SB]thpr: focus on code bug stomping for 5.14
      [Arch_SB]thpr: so I don't think I have any new news at the moment
      [Arch_SB]thpr: oh
      [Arch_SB]thpr: actually, let me bring up one point just as a thought
      [Arch_SB]thpr: there was a CHOICE/%CHOICE/LIST/%LIST discussion on
      _experimental
      [Arch_SB]thpr: There was a discussion perhaps even a year ago about reserved
      characters that we deferred at the time
      [Arch_SB]thpr: I think the best path is to decide on reserved characters
      first, and then determine the pathway to choose for fixing the "back end" of
      the chooser system
      [Arch_SB]thpr: that way we don't create new problems
      [Arch_SB]thpr: so hopefully that doesn't raise any major objects from the
      data team
      [Arch_SB]thpr: to do the reserved character discussion first
      [Admin_SB]Drew: none from me
      [Admin_SB]Drew: seems like a good idea
      [OGL]Nylanfs: What you mean set standards before doing anything? What
      wonders will we see next :)
      [Arch_SB]thpr: It's good for the long term susvival of my hair
      [Arch_SB]thpr: otherwise I pull it out
      [Admin_SB]Drew: It's so crazy it might work.... :)
      €: jfrazierjr has already begun shaving.... pulling the hair hurts to much
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: I dunno . . . we've tried that out where I work and it
      doesn't always work out . . . :-)
      [Arch_SB]thpr: okay, I guess I'll at least try it. If I get major
      complaints, I'll address it then
      [Admin_SB]Drew: Tom - Do you still need compatibility tests?
      [Admin_SB]Drew: Or do you have enough data to not need any more?
      [Arch_SB]thpr: there is a bunch of work that can be done on that
      [Arch_SB]thpr: let me see what I think you can help with and get back to you
      on that
      [Admin_SB]Drew: Also, I think we should also push your trackers for CDOM
      stuff.... we need ppl there... (Just a friendly Admin reminder).
      [Arch_SB]thpr: Well, there's a lot to do on 5.14, so I think the focus is
      okay there for now
      [Arch_SB]thpr: ("there" being 5.14)
      [Admin_SB]Drew: Ok enough derailing from me... :-)
      BPIJonathan: I have a feeling that I am going to break the program by the
      time the year is up.
      [Arch_SB]thpr: I saw your comment on that a while back
      [Arch_SB]thpr: anything you can share on what might be a problem?
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Yea for Wierd Rules!
      €: BPIJonathan never has weird rules io his stuff.
      [Admin_SB]Drew: Yeah Jonanthan, what monstrousity do you have cooked up to
      beat us with this time?
      BPIJonathan: We basically took every rule change we playtested in the last
      several years and threw them all into one book.
      [Admin_SB]Drew: Sounds fun. When do we get a crack at this new source?
      BPIJonathan: Combonation skills (which isnt that difficult to code), Talent
      trees mixed with class abilities, Racial Talent Trees and Point based
      spellcasting.
      BPIJonathan: Its currently in playtest, should have something ready for you
      to view in the next couple of months.
      [Admin_SB]Drew: Um, sounds like we've got that stuff in place.
      BPIJonathan: Well you do, partly.
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Eric, PM
      [Admin_SB]Drew: ABILITYCATEGORYs are up and running, Skills are fairly easy
      and Joe has been a trooper on the spell points
      jfrazierjr: Jonathon, tell me about the point based spell casting?
      BPIJonathan: Magic points are gained per level on a cycle, spell casting is
      based off a differnt dynamic (is a variation on the spellcasting system
      presented in Advanced d20 magic).
      [Chair]Eddy: Jonathon, would this be a toolkit type of book like unearthed
      arcana?
      BPIJonathan: Nope.
      BPIJonathan: Its a complete RPG
      [Chair]Eddy: or part of something like a campaign setting?
      [Chair]Eddy: Oh
      jfrazierjr: I have my stuff based on Elements of Magic by EN Publishing..
      jfrazierjr: I have a few things that really need code work post 5.14...
      jfrazierjr: one being a generic way to get DC for a spell point based system
      jfrazierjr: and another for getting metamagic feats to work right/some type
      of prereq based on the spell point cost
      jfrazierjr: first being fairly easy...
      jfrazierjr: last one.. not so much
      BPIJonathan: Metamagic feats modify the Spellcasting DC.
      jfrazierjr: not in this system.... not directly though....
      [Admin_SB]Drew: Jonathan - Well I can't wait. A couple of months will see
      5.14 in play. SO we'll be able to add new toys then...
      jfrazierjr: DC is based on 10+BASESPELLSTAT+(total spellpoints/2)
      jfrazierjr: the big problem I have is that quicken adds to the cost a value
      depending on the total SP cost prior to adding the Quicken feat
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Paul, are you getting my PM responses?
      jfrazierjr: so I have to have some way to do a 3 parameter if/filter
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Nope
      [OGL]Nylanfs: I'll get you after the meeting
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: I sent you the info via email . . .
      [Chair]Eddy: Well Jonathon, personally I like challenges and new games, I
      don't think there will be a problem rounding up monkeys to work on support
      for it in PCGen
      [Chair]Eddy: we should get things back on track and continue this in open
      discussion
      [Arch_SB]thpr: so we have some consideration and perhaps some work to do
      once we know more...
      [Chair]Eddy: Tom, any more to add for ARCH?
      [Arch_SB]thpr: noper
      [Chair]Eddy: OK the first adgenda item is 5.14 status. As was stated earlier
      we will have an IRC chat in a week for a go/no go decision as to whether we
      go to RC next week.
      [Chair]Eddy: I feel content is in good shape
      [Chair]Eddy: and I'll guess we'll see where the code team is in a week
      [Chair]Eddy: Anything we need to discuss or have we covered things in the
      report?
      [Admin_SB]Drew: I think we've covered it in the reports
      [Chair]Eddy: :-)
      [Chair]Eddy: OK, item 2: Gencon plans
      [Chair]Eddy: this too look well in hand
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Any question?
      [Admin_SB]Drew: And a Big "Good Job Eric"
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Thanks . . .
      [Chair]Eddy: Yes indeed
      [Admin_SB]Drew: Eric, tell us where the booth is again???
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: The booth is #2544 . . . three booths from WotC . . .
      jfrazierjr: I am jealous I don't get to go
      BPIJonathan: If WotC is going.
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: At least from what the initial maps says.
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: The GenCon will be releaseing anoher floor plan in the next
      xoupke of weeks . . .
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: I have the Badge Request form and will be filling it out
      this week and sending it in.
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: I will be requesting 6 badges. @ complmentary and four
      other for Paul and Myself (2 each)
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: 2 coplimentary . . .
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: There are a few questiuns till that need answering for
      proper preplanning . . .
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: I still need an estimate for the banner, and the quote on
      the t-shirts hasn't come back yet.
      [Chair]Eddy: I got that
      BPIJonathan: Tshirts?
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Yep
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Hoping to have t-shirts for PCGen to sell
      [Chair]Eddy: 10' wide 4' tall vinyl banner with grommets is $315.65
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: I still need to generate a schedule, starting at Gen Con
      and working backwards so that we can ientify the drop-dead dates. I'll get
      to that in the next week.
      BPIJonathan: I
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: As far as money is concerned, we currently have $1940 in
      our pp account.
      [OGL]Nylanfs: "I got PCGen for free and all I bought was this t-shirt!
      [OGL]Nylanfs: "
      BPIJonathan: I guess I need to order a Tshirt (if such a thing is possible).
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Paradigm Concepts gave me the line :)
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: This covers everythiing we have listed so far except for
      the cds and the t-shirts.
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Cool. Thanks Eddy . . .Thats more expensive then the wag I
      came up with . . . But not by much.
      BPIJonathan: Would someone email me a logo for the website (being redesigned
      here shortly).
      [Admin_SB]Drew: yours?
      BPIJonathan: my website, not the logo :-D
      [Chair]Eddy: If we want to do a low cost alternative to the banner we could
      get 3 or 4 poster frames and I can print posters on the large format inkjet
      at work
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: I will be sending out another press release about PCGen
      Going to Gen Con ans will once again include the blurb about donations . . .
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Eddy, will you be converting your badges n site?
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Banners here Jonathan
      [OGL]Nylanfs: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/banners/
      [OGL]Nylanfs: got most everything you need
      BPIJonathan: I dont know if anyone knew this, but I also recently purchased
      d20 Magazine Rack.
      [Chair]Eddy: Yes Eric, I need to get money to the paypal acount don't I?
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Yep . . .
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: If you get the money in soonest, I will submit out request
      . ..
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: There is a pade on our wiki that I am using to document our
      plans . . .
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/PCGen+Goes+to+Gen+Con%21
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Any questions?
      [Admin_SB]Drew: sounds good
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: (This report wasn't nearly as organized as I would have
      liked it so I'm fairly certain I left stuff out . . .)
      [Chair]Eddy: Sounds good Eric
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Didn't know Jonathan. If Steve can't run it at least it's in
      good hands :)
      irc: James[Code_SB] has joined pcgen
      [Chair]Eddy: Hi James
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: James!
      [Admin_SB]Drew: hi james!
      James[Code_SB]: G'day
      [OGL]Nylanfs: So everything is left up to James then right?
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: I believe so . . .
      James[Code_SB]: Ooops is that my connection failing....
      jfrazierjr: Hey James
      [Chair]Eddy: Anyway that wraps it up for the agenda, we can go back to
      Jonathon's choice new book now :-)
      [Arch_SB]thpr: unless James wants to bring up something
      [Admin_SB]Drew: Hey guys, gotta run... Need to take my daughter to the ER
      [Arch_SB]thpr: ick
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Ick, hope it isn't serious
      [Chair]Eddy: be safe
      James[Code_SB]: No, just dropping in - not sure what has been discussed
      already
      [Admin_SB]Drew: Thanks, I hope not... but ALOC after head injury is never
      good
      James[Code_SB]: Good luck andrew
      [Admin_SB]Drew: I'll catch up with everyone late
      [Admin_SB]Drew: rr
      irc: [Admin_SB]Drew has left pcgen
      [Chair]Eddy: James, got anything we need to discuss?
      James[Code_SB]: Was the topic of post 5.14 broached?
      [Arch_SB]thpr: no
      [Chair]Eddy: Nope
      [Arch_SB]thpr: you want to have that discussion now?
      James[Code_SB]: Possibly a meeting of its own, given the possibilities
      [Arch_SB]thpr: either works for me
      [Chair]Eddy: same here
      James[Code_SB]: I might start that one on development from the code
      perspective and then bring the conclusions for the next meeting
      James[Code_SB]: if there are no objections
      jfrazierjr: one thing I brought up to Andrew and Tir a few days ago is with
      what we know of 4e now, GMGen will have at least a few things that won't
      work
      jfrazierjr: or won't work according to 4e rules anyway..
      James[Code_SB]: Yes, as will the in built character sheet
      [Chair]Eddy: the Preview tab or the Character Sheet tab?
      jfrazierjr: I know there was a FREQ 6 months ago or so to come up with some
      type of Gamemode specific config for GMGen
      James[Code_SB]: The non-html one
      jfrazierjr: but that seems like a hugh task
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Actually we should be able to simply seperate the data and the
      code and we'd be good
      [OGL]Nylanfs: The code has never "technically" been under the OGL. But can
      be argued as such because of the data is included
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Then GMGen is safe
      [Arch_SB]thpr: I'm not sure that's what is being referred
      [Arch_SB]thpr: to
      jfrazierjr: nope..
      James[Code_SB]: The code is LGPL and the data is OGL currently.
      jfrazierjr: at a very simple level
      [Arch_SB]thpr: I think it's underlying structural assumptions not licensing
      issues
      jfrazierjr: GMGen has it's idea of what a critical hit means to damage for
      example
      James[Code_SB]: Ah yes
      [Arch_SB]thpr: Let's not speculate about the GSL
      jfrazierjr: if you get a crit, it does a specific thing
      jfrazierjr: and that thing is not valid in 4e
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Oh, wasn't thinking that deep
      [Chair]Eddy: There are probably similar examples with Modern in GMGen
      jfrazierjr: yes.. which is why, regardless of 4e or not.. GMGen has to be
      more config oriented
      James[Code_SB]: Yes those sort of things would be nice to have in config
      [Chair]Eddy: I'd say yeah, we need to look at making GMGen gameMode aware
      [Chair]Eddy: And do we need the Preview tab any longer since we have the
      Character Sheet tab?
      jfrazierjr: I don't know that the code support part is so much an issue as
      the figuring out how to stucture the data so make the code work...
      jfrazierjr: I say no Eddy... but that's just me
      [OGL]Nylanfs: I don't think the Char sheet has the notes section does it?
      BPIJonathan: I use the preview tab
      James[Code_SB]: That's an interesting question Eddy
      James[Code_SB]: It is very 35e specific. I'd say we default it to off in
      other modes, maybe make it a game mode setting?
      [Chair]Eddy: Jonathan, the Character Sheet tab is new in the 5.13 line, have
      you had a chance to check it out?
      [Arch_SB]thpr: I like the preview tab
      BPIJonathan: I dont think I have installed that yet.
      [Arch_SB]thpr: It's a good debugging tool because it doesn't have the export
      token indirection of the char sheet
      jfrazierjr: One thing I do prefere on the preview that the Character sheet
      does not have is the whole seperate "tabs" thing....
      BPIJonathan: Gaslight doesnt really allow me use CharGen tools.
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Yes, I like feature also
      [OGL]Nylanfs: They don't? why ever not? :)
      [Chair]Eddy: The Character Sheet tab uses html output sheets to display
      something similar to the Preview tab but since it's html (and not java) it
      can be easily modified and a variety of versions can be used (statblocks and
      such)
      BPIJonathan: They dont what?
      jfrazierjr: Jonathan: Gaslight doesnt really allow me to use CharGen tools.
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Well, time for me to sign off . . .
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Goodnight folks!
      jfrazierjr: later Eric
      BPIJonathan: Its because its different from anything out there.
      James[Code_SB]: Night eric
      BPIJonathan: Later
      BPIJonathan: Its cause no problem actually handles it yet.
      irc: [PR_SB]Maredudd has left pcgen
      BPIJonathan: problem = program
      [Chair]Eddy: you can't use a CharGen for Gaslight because none exists,
      understandable :-)
      [Chair]Eddy: we'll have to fix that ;-)
      BPIJonathan: Which is what I was talking about earlier.
      BPIJonathan: :-D
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Well Tom was looking for a new project :)
      [Chair]Eddy: Well we're starting to lose people, shall we call this done?
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Yea, I gotta be getting to bed :)
      [Chair]Eddy: same here
      BPIJonathan: Night
      jfrazierjr: later guys
      [Arch_SB]thpr: 'night al
      [Chair]Eddy: *bangs gavel* Thanks everyone
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.