[BUG] Startup (DOS?) window "missing closing parenthesis" error. v. 5.13.13

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 19, 2008
      Hi,

      I have this error in the PCGEN v. 5.13.13 'startup box' all of the time:

      COUNT("ABILITIES"
      22:08:27.948 SEVERE AWT-EventQueue-1 VariableProcessor:227 Missing
      closing paren
      thesis: COUNT("ABILITIES"
      22:08:28.205 SEVERE AWT-EventQueue-1 VariableProcessor:227 Missing
      closing paren
      thesis:

      (It is also hard to tell where the error message begins or ends -- the
      words just all wrap together.)

      ~~ Matt
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 20, 2008
        Hi Mat,

        What Java version are you using?

        Is there any other problems? Does the program load up fully?
        Are you able to use the program without any apparent errors?

        ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

        Matt wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I have this error in the PCGEN v. 5.13.13 'startup box' all of the time:
        >
        > COUNT("ABILITIES"
        > 22:08:27.948 SEVERE AWT-EventQueue-1 VariableProcessor:227 Missing
        > closing paren
        > thesis: COUNT("ABILITIES"
        > 22:08:28.205 SEVERE AWT-EventQueue-1 VariableProcessor:227 Missing
        > closing paren
        > thesis:

        > (It is also hard to tell where the error message begins or ends -- the
        > words just all wrap together.)
        >
        > ~~ Matt

      • taluroniscandar
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 21, 2008
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <Otiendikil@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > I have this error in the PCGEN v. 5.13.13 'startup box' all of the
          time:

          > COUNT("ABILITIES"
          > 22:08:27.948 SEVERE AWT-EventQueue-1 VariableProcessor:227 Missing
          > closing paren
          > thesis: COUNT("ABILITIES"
          > 22:08:28.205 SEVERE AWT-EventQueue-1 VariableProcessor:227 Missing
          > closing paren
          > thesis:

          In Windows you could do a search for "text in file"
          COUNT("ABILITIES"
          one of them somewhere is missing ) the close parenthesis probably.

          If you try this search the pcgen directory and make sure you
          havetold Windows to Search all files not just registered extensions.