Re: [Semi-OT] Remote player table top setup

  • Harry C. Johnson
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 8, 2008
      Well we did have a similar situation at one time where all but two
      guys could make it for a face to face game weekend. In that case, we
      mounted a webcam on one of my ludwig cymbal stands above the game mat
      and an omnidirectional microphone and ran them through yahoo
      messenger. That worked okay, but the two dimensional view made it hard
      for the remote guys to make out the different minis. We ended up
      sticking different colored foil hershey kiss wrappers on the heads of
      the minis. Effective and delicious. We also wrote little numbers in
      the corners of the squares for reference. "So I take a 5' step into
      square 15 to flank the hill giant."

      YMMV,
      -Harry