[Tom]Re: HD: tag in template lst

  • joefrazierjr
    Message 1 of 37 , Apr 8 8:19 AM
      > yes, i'm sure. 5.13.12, fresh install from the pcgen51312_full.zip file.
      >
      > the tag PREHD is correct in the docs, the problem is the HD tag in
      > Template lst. the docs say that HD tag is correct:
      >
      > *** Updated 5.11.11
      > Tag Name: HD:x:y:z
      > Variables Used (x): Calculation (range or minimum natural Hit Dice)
      > Variables Used (y): ANY valid Template or Global Token which can
      > accept trailing PRE tags can be used
      > Variables Used (z): Number or Text (Must be valid for the tag used)
      >
      > , but pcgen says that PREHD is wrong. my templates haven't any PREHD
      > tag, they have only HD tags.

      Sorry Ricky, I read the errors more closely instead of what you were
      saying. Most likely, both the docs and the code are wrong. In a
      nutshell, what happens is that HD:3-5:CR:2 gets translated by the
      parsing code into a PREHD, for which that syntax is depreciate(hence
      the message.) You could try to use the updated PREHD syntax with the
      HD tag, but off the top of my head looking at the code, I don't think
      it will work. Try this:

      HD:MIN=x,MAX=y:CR:z

      and plug your values in. Again, I don't thing this will work just
      from a very brief look at the code, but I don't have time to run some
      real tests at the moment. If that fails, reply back with [BUG][TM]
      added to the subject. If it is broken, whoever creates the tracker
      can assign to me since I last touched that code and am familiar enough
      with it to hopefully fix before the next release in two weeks. In
      any event, the Docs need updating, but we can wait until the we know
      the code works before changing the docs.

      On a side note, I am flagging for Tom as the syntax of having multiple
      colons seems to be rather wonky and we probably want to review for
      fixing this tag in some way in the future. My suggestion is to take
      all the subtags and add PRExxx ability, but I am not sure how easy
      that is at this point.

      Joe
    • Ricky
      Message 37 of 37 , Apr 14 1:00 AM
        not a problem...
        my first message was in the 2005...

        > Hi Ricky,
        >
        > Yeah, sorry about that... you managed to slip through the moderator net
        > tracking. All new members first post(s) are moderated automatically
        till
        > approved by a moderator. It effectively keeps are boards spam free (and
        > trust me we get a lot of spammers attempting to get on our groups)
        >
        > I've approved you to post unmoderated from this point on... So your
        > messages won't be delayed by a week.
        >
        > Again, a big sorry from the Moderator Monkeys for not seeing your
        > message sooner.
        >
        > ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        > ~ Data Gibbon, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Lemur
        > "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
        >

        > Ricky wrote:
        > > ok, since that old message was send nearly a week ago..
        > >
        > > Ricky
        > > (ICQ:158244154) (Y!m:iainuki) (MSN:iainuki4)
        > > il'>http://www.gozzilioni.net">il sito
        > >

        > > il'>http://www.catlong.net/party">il mondo

        Links