possible error

  • spyguy007mw
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 7, 2008
      I have created a 1st level elf wizard with a modified Dex of 18. On the
      character sheet it shows Ac 14 (correct). I have added a Ring of
      Protection+1 as well as a second level (wizard). The AC should now be
      15 (+4 stat +1 misc). It is still 14 though (+3 stat +1 misc). On the
      summary page it shows 18 dex (+4). Can anyone figure out where the
      other +1 went?
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 7, 2008

        On 08/04/2008, spyguy007mw <spyguy007mw@...> wrote:

        > I have created a 1st level elf wizard with a modified Dex of 18. On the
        > character sheet it shows Ac 14 (correct). I have added a Ring of
        > Protection+1 as well as a second level (wizard). The AC should now be
        > 15 (+4 stat +1 misc). It is still 14 though (+3 stat +1 misc). On the
        > summary page it shows 18 dex (+4). Can anyone figure out where the
        > other +1 went?

        Have you equipped the ring? If so, could there be anything restricting your
        dex such as armour?

        James Dempsey
        PCGen Code SB

      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 7, 2008
          spyguy007mw scribed:

          > I have created a 1st level elf wizard with a modified Dex of 18. On the
          > character sheet it shows Ac 14 (correct). I have added a Ring of
          > Protection+1 as well as a second level (wizard). The AC should now be
          > 15 (+4 stat +1 misc). It is still 14 though (+3 stat +1 misc). On the
          > summary page it shows 18 dex (+4). Can anyone figure out where the
          > other +1 went?

          Encumbrance, if you are carrying a medium or heavy load you will take a
          penalty which can limit the DEX bonus to AC.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        • spyguy007mw
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 7, 2008
            encumberence is the magic answer. i removed the bedroll from the
            character and suddenly +4 stat bonus re-apppeared. Thanks