Candle of Invocation

  • gwaihirwindlord
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 7, 2008
      I'm wanting to add to the Candle of Invocation the +2 Caster level
      bonus and I don't know how. Would someone be able to assist with this?
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 7, 2008
        In equipment make the candle

        BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|TYPE.Arcane|2
        or TYPE.Divine
        or <ClassName>

        If you want all Spell Casters then use two tags, one with the
        TYPE.Arcane and another with TYPE.Divine.

        ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 9, 2008
          I'm not sure what you mean by "In equipment"

          > In equipment make the candle
          >
          > BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|TYPE.Arcane|2
          > or TYPE.Divine
          > or <ClassName>
          >
          > If you want all Spell Casters then use two tags, one with the
          > TYPE.Arcane and another with TYPE.Divine.
          >

          > ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          > ~ Data Gibbon, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Lemur
          > "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
          >

          > gwaihirwindlord wrote:
          > > I'm wanting to add to the Candle of Invocation the +2 Caster level
          > > bonus and I don't know how. Would someone be able to assist with this?

          > > PCGen's Online Docs:
          > > PCGen's Data Help Grp:

        • gwaihirwindlord
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 9, 2008
            Sorry about the double post here, but I'm guessing "In equipment"
            meant the SRD file srd_equip_wondrousitems LST file. If so, I added

            BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|TYPE.Cleric|2

            to the file, for the candle, but it didn't seem to do anything.

            I'm using Notepad to edit it, but the columns don't line up, so I'm
            not sure if I have the spacing right, what program would you recommend
            using to edit the LST files?

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 9, 2008
              Sorry, I just realized this is the regular pcgen group, not the list
              file help group (Where these type of questions belong).

              Yes, in an equipment file... Preferably one that won't be overwritten
              when/if you update the program. :-) (I hate losing work)...

              Your mistake is there is no TYPE.Cleric; If you only want a Cleric then do
              BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|Cleric|2

              The three types are Arcane, Divine and Psionic.

              For editing, any text editor should do fine. I use Editplus, others use
              vim, and other various text editors. Find one you like and use to your
              hearts content.

              I'd recommend reading the documents about lst coding... It's an
              excellent resource and will convey much more information and much more
              eloquently than I can. :-)