Good Sources for pushing PCGen Limits/Capabilities?

  • Tom Parker
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4 1:15 PM
      I'm about to offload a couple large boxes of gaming stuff I don't use,
      which will garner me some store credit to put toward relevant gaming
      materials. The question is:

      What sources are items that I need to be focusing on for things that
      are not implemented (or not implemented well) in PCGen?

      I know about Gestalt, and even though it's got a bunch of/primarily
      open content, I will probably pick up UA.

      I also have a PC that is 16th, and parts of the party are approaching
      20, so perhaps the Epic HB is in order.

      What else should I be grabbing? Assume I only own DMG, PHB, MM.

      Assume I am thinking Fantasy SRD3/SRD3.5 based stuff, though you may
      list *one* item outside that; I'm willing to pick up other things if
      it _really_ makes sense... but make your case convincing.

      Please specify:
      - Publisher and book name
      - Genre (Fantasy, Modern, etc.) and generally whether it's SRD3/3.5
      compatible
      - What you think is lacking in PCGen
      - Why the source is any good (I DO want to be able to use these too)
      - OGL/closed status and if you want to save me effort of looking it
      up, the PCGen publisher status.

      TP.

      p.s. Please keep any rebuttals civil, I'm really not looking to start
      a flame war here

      p.p.s. Special bonus attention to things that support novel ideas for
      thieves (very stereotypical, nieve, noble [in the moral sense, not in
      the finances sense] 6th level halfling thief/illusionist),
      intelligent/level-progressing "companions" (the halfling has a riding
      wolf that I've negotiated will progress in power with the PC
      [somehow?]), mixed arcane/divine casters (16th level dwarven
      runecaster, basically structured as a bard; needs access to divine
      casting), or things to support an astrologer (generally structured as
      a 5th[? I think?] level cleric, but a *lot* more funky)

      --
      Tom Parker
      PCGen Architecture Silverback