Re: [pcgen] Ride mounts and calculate encumbrance/speed

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2008
      paul_shipley wrote:
      > I'm either having a brain failure or there's a feature waiting to be
      > added...
      >
      > Having created a character with a mount (separate char sheet through
      > the Resources tab), I can add personal kit to it by (for example) right
      > clicking on the kit and Move To -> mount. Now I have correct
      > encumbrance/speed figures for my char on foot and for my mount with its
      > kit. But I can't see a way to flag my mount that I am riding it and
      > hence encourage pcgen to calc the total encumbrance/speed of mount +
      > mount's kit + me + my kit.
      >
      > Is this possible?

      Not possible, definitely a feature request though I don't know where to
      begin to see how it should work.

      I can think of a fairly simple work around: First calculate the weight
      of you and your gear, next pick some mundane object in the Gear tab
      (like a whetstone or a chicken) and customize it, change the name to
      "Rider" and the weight to whatever you figured it was. Then you can
      equip the "Rider" on your Mount.

      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
    • taluroniscandar
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2008
        "a chicken"
        "Rider"

        Hell's Chickens??!
      • paul_shipley
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2008
          Eddy Anthony wrote:
          > Not possible, definitely a feature request though I don't know where
          > begin to see how it should work.
          >
          > I can think of a fairly simple work around: First calculate the
          weight
          > of you and your gear, next pick some mundane object in the Gear tab
          > (like a whetstone or a chicken) and customize it, change the name to
          > "Rider" and the weight to whatever you figured it was. Then you can
          > equip the "Rider" on your Mount.

          Thanks for the help - workaround is better than nothing I guess but
          still a little tedious as will obviously need adjusting any time kit
          added/removed.

          Also - *snork* to chicken rider :-)