Ride mounts and calculate encumbrance/speed

  • paul_shipley
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2008
      I'm either having a brain failure or there's a feature waiting to be
      added...

      Having created a character with a mount (separate char sheet through
      the Resources tab), I can add personal kit to it by (for example) right
      clicking on the kit and Move To -> mount. Now I have correct
      encumbrance/speed figures for my char on foot and for my mount with its
      kit. But I can't see a way to flag my mount that I am riding it and
      hence encourage pcgen to calc the total encumbrance/speed of mount +
      mount's kit + me + my kit.

      Is this possible?
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2008
        paul_shipley wrote:
        > I'm either having a brain failure or there's a feature waiting to be
        > added...
        >
        > Having created a character with a mount (separate char sheet through
        > the Resources tab), I can add personal kit to it by (for example) right
        > clicking on the kit and Move To -> mount. Now I have correct
        > encumbrance/speed figures for my char on foot and for my mount with its
        > kit. But I can't see a way to flag my mount that I am riding it and
        > hence encourage pcgen to calc the total encumbrance/speed of mount +
        > mount's kit + me + my kit.
        >
        > Is this possible?

        Not possible, definitely a feature request though I don't know where to
        begin to see how it should work.

        I can think of a fairly simple work around: First calculate the weight
        of you and your gear, next pick some mundane object in the Gear tab
        (like a whetstone or a chicken) and customize it, change the name to
        "Rider" and the weight to whatever you figured it was. Then you can
        equip the "Rider" on your Mount.

        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      • taluroniscandar
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2008
          "a chicken"
          "Rider"

          Hell's Chickens??!
        • paul_shipley
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4, 2008
            Eddy Anthony wrote:
            > Not possible, definitely a feature request though I don't know where
            > begin to see how it should work.
            >
            > I can think of a fairly simple work around: First calculate the
            weight
            > of you and your gear, next pick some mundane object in the Gear tab
            > (like a whetstone or a chicken) and customize it, change the name to
            > "Rider" and the weight to whatever you figured it was. Then you can
            > equip the "Rider" on your Mount.

            Thanks for the help - workaround is better than nothing I guess but
            still a little tedious as will obviously need adjusting any time kit
            added/removed.

            Also - *snork* to chicken rider :-)