Re: [pcgen] Heirophant Divine Reach - Possible Bug [Trackered]

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 4 8:16 AM
      Tir Gwaith wrote:
      > On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 9:49 AM, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Already fixed. Short answer is that is wasn't necessary to use COUNT, a
      >> simple number is all that is required for these abilities.
      >>

      > True, but that reversion in code way back when broke off a signifcant
      > functionality, and I had to add a bunch of hidden objects to work
      > around it. I still don't use that functionaility to this day because
      > it isn't clear that it is added with each instance. I hate that.

      I can't say I follow. Each bonus is added for each instance of the feat
      (or ability), what's unclear about that?

      Also this usage in Hierophant Spell Power is a bug even before it's
      conversion to an ability since the bonus is counted for each instance
      and the bonus IS the number of times the feat is taken the number
      increases by a square: 1 the fist time, 4 the second, 9 the third etc..

      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 4 8:50 AM
        > I can't say I follow. Each bonus is added for each instance of the feat
        > (or ability), what's unclear about that?

        Because that is all it can ever be. Can't put fancy mathematical
        computation in there, but have to convert to a summation (and limited
        version of that). If added _once_ you can easily put the formula in
        the BONUS, and leave it.

        One of those changes that happened because a coder disagreed with the
        code, and the data side had to adapt. I'm not suggesting changing it
        again, since it is pointless. It is a frustration of mine that just
        never seems to die.

        > Also this usage in Hierophant Spell Power is a bug even before it's
        > conversion to an ability since the bonus is counted for each instance
        > and the bonus IS the number of times the feat is taken the number
        > increases by a square: 1 the fist time, 4 the second, 9 the third etc..

        Counting code and data yeah.

        I'm walking away from it. One of those sore points.

        PCGen LST Chimp
      • David R. Bender
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 27 12:35 PM
          PCGen 5.13.14, java version "1.6.0_05"

          Nothing loaded, just started up the program and have no sources on the
          right side of the main panel. It comes up in 3.5 mode.

          Displaying this error message. Any idea which file it comes from?

          15:32:49.673 LSTWARN main AbstractPrerequisiteListParser:155 You are
          using a deprecated syntax of PRERULE: DAMAGE_VW ... You should be using
          a leading number, e.g.: PRERULE:1,First,Second

          David
          Papa.DRB

          Grognard <http://home.hvc.rr.com/davidstuff/Grognard.html>
          My better half and me <http://home.hvc.rr.com/davidstuff/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>
        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 27 3:14 PM
            David R. Bender scribed:

            > PCGen 5.13.14, java version "1.6.0_05"
            >
            > Nothing loaded, just started up the program and have no sources on the
            > right side of the main panel. It comes up in 3.5 mode.
            >
            > Displaying this error message. Any idea which file it comes from?
            >
            > 15:32:49.673 LSTWARN main AbstractPrerequisiteListParser:155 You are
            > using a deprecated syntax of PRERULE: DAMAGE_VW ... You should be using
            > a leading number, e.g.: PRERULE:1,First,Second

            Well there is a PRERULE in 3 of the gameMode statsandchecks.lst files but
            those have been converted, are you by any chance using an older system
            folder?
            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          • David R. Bender
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 27 5:52 PM
              Yup, that nails it. I had created a gamemode for BoXM and it had the old
              style in it. Fixed it and the message is gone, thanks !