Heirophant Divine Reach - Possible Bug

  • musicguerilla
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 4, 2008
      started off with a cleric, got him up to speed for prereqs and took 1
      level of heirophant. assigned him Divine Reach in the abilities tab,
      but it doesn't show up in the preview or character sheet tabs. not sure
      if this is already reported but wanted to let ya know :)

      Using PCGen 5.13.12 windows full installation file version in its own
      directory.

      Thanks for all the fantastic work and great help you all have provided
      us users all these years guys. you are wonderful! :)

      Bri

      "What, ANOTHER wave of enemies is attacking us???" "Oh, stop whining!
      It's XP, man!!!"
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 4, 2008
        musicguerilla wrote:
        > started off with a cleric, got him up to speed for prereqs and took 1
        > level of heirophant. assigned him Divine Reach in the abilities tab,
        > but it doesn't show up in the preview or character sheet tabs. not sure
        > if this is already reported but wanted to let ya know :)
        >
        > Using PCGen 5.13.12 windows full installation file version in its own
        > directory.

        Thanks for the report, I see what the problem is and the fix is easy. It
        will be in the next release. Keep those bug reports coming :-)

        > Thanks for all the fantastic work and great help you all have provided
        > us users all these years guys. you are wonderful! :)
        >
        > Bri

        Thanks :-)

        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 4, 2008
          On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 8:18 AM, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:
          > musicguerilla wrote:
          > > started off with a cleric, got him up to speed for prereqs and took 1
          > > level of heirophant. assigned him Divine Reach in the abilities tab,
          > > but it doesn't show up in the preview or character sheet tabs. not sure
          > > if this is already reported but wanted to let ya know :)
          > >
          > > Using PCGen 5.13.12 windows full installation file version in its own
          > > directory.
          > >

          > Thanks for the report, I see what the problem is and the fix is easy. It
          > will be in the next release. Keep those bug reports coming :-)

          Same problem with Hierophant Spell Power

          How do we convert COUNT[FEATNAME= ] in ability objects?

          PCGen LST Chimp
        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 4, 2008
            Tir Gwaith wrote:
            > On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 8:18 AM, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:
            >
            >> musicguerilla wrote:
            >> > started off with a cleric, got him up to speed for prereqs and took 1
            >> > level of heirophant. assigned him Divine Reach in the abilities tab,
            >> > but it doesn't show up in the preview or character sheet tabs. not sure
            >> > if this is already reported but wanted to let ya know :)
            >> >
            >> > Using PCGen 5.13.12 windows full installation file version in its own
            >> > directory.
            >> >

            >> Thanks for the report, I see what the problem is and the fix is easy. It
            >> will be in the next release. Keep those bug reports coming :-)
            >>

            > Same problem with Hierophant Spell Power
            >
            > How do we convert COUNT[FEATNAME= ] in ability objects?

            Already fixed. Short answer is that is wasn't necessary to use COUNT, a
            simple number is all that is required for these abilities.

            The long answer is that for abilities we can use the JEP count() function:

            count("ABILITIES","CATEGORY=x","NAME=y")

            This returns the number of instances feat y was taken.

            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          • Tir Gwaith
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 4, 2008
              On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 9:49 AM, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:

              > Tir Gwaith wrote:

              > >> Thanks for the report, I see what the problem is and the fix is easy. It
              > >> will be in the next release. Keep those bug reports coming :-)
              > >>

              > > Same problem with Hierophant Spell Power
              > >
              > > How do we convert COUNT[FEATNAME= ] in ability objects?
              > >

              > Already fixed. Short answer is that is wasn't necessary to use COUNT, a
              > simple number is all that is required for these abilities.

              True, but that reversion in code way back when broke off a signifcant
              functionality, and I had to add a bunch of hidden objects to work
              around it. I still don't use that functionaility to this day because
              it isn't clear that it is added with each instance. I hate that.

              > The long answer is that for abilities we can use the JEP count() function:
              >
              > count("ABILITIES","CATEGORY=x","NAME=y")
              >
              > This returns the number of instances feat y was taken.

              That's what I needed to know, thanks.

              PCGen LST Chimp
            • Eddy Anthony
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 4, 2008
                Tir Gwaith wrote:
                > On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 9:49 AM, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:
                >
                >> Already fixed. Short answer is that is wasn't necessary to use COUNT, a
                >> simple number is all that is required for these abilities.
                >>

                > True, but that reversion in code way back when broke off a signifcant
                > functionality, and I had to add a bunch of hidden objects to work
                > around it. I still don't use that functionaility to this day because
                > it isn't clear that it is added with each instance. I hate that.

                I can't say I follow. Each bonus is added for each instance of the feat
                (or ability), what's unclear about that?

                Also this usage in Hierophant Spell Power is a bug even before it's
                conversion to an ability since the bonus is counted for each instance
                and the bonus IS the number of times the feat is taken the number
                increases by a square: 1 the fist time, 4 the second, 9 the third etc..

                --
                ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              • Tir Gwaith
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 4, 2008
                  > I can't say I follow. Each bonus is added for each instance of the feat
                  > (or ability), what's unclear about that?

                  Because that is all it can ever be. Can't put fancy mathematical
                  computation in there, but have to convert to a summation (and limited
                  version of that). If added _once_ you can easily put the formula in
                  the BONUS, and leave it.

                  One of those changes that happened because a coder disagreed with the
                  code, and the data side had to adapt. I'm not suggesting changing it
                  again, since it is pointless. It is a frustration of mine that just
                  never seems to die.

                  > Also this usage in Hierophant Spell Power is a bug even before it's
                  > conversion to an ability since the bonus is counted for each instance
                  > and the bonus IS the number of times the feat is taken the number
                  > increases by a square: 1 the fist time, 4 the second, 9 the third etc..

                  Counting code and data yeah.

                  I'm walking away from it. One of those sore points.

                  PCGen LST Chimp
                • David R. Bender
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 27, 2008
                    PCGen 5.13.14, java version "1.6.0_05"

                    Nothing loaded, just started up the program and have no sources on the
                    right side of the main panel. It comes up in 3.5 mode.

                    Displaying this error message. Any idea which file it comes from?

                    15:32:49.673 LSTWARN main AbstractPrerequisiteListParser:155 You are
                    using a deprecated syntax of PRERULE: DAMAGE_VW ... You should be using
                    a leading number, e.g.: PRERULE:1,First,Second

                    David
                    Papa.DRB

                    Grognard <http://home.hvc.rr.com/davidstuff/Grognard.html>
                    My better half and me <http://home.hvc.rr.com/davidstuff/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>
                  • Eddy Anthony
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 27, 2008
                      David R. Bender scribed:

                      > PCGen 5.13.14, java version "1.6.0_05"
                      >
                      > Nothing loaded, just started up the program and have no sources on the
                      > right side of the main panel. It comes up in 3.5 mode.
                      >
                      > Displaying this error message. Any idea which file it comes from?
                      >
                      > 15:32:49.673 LSTWARN main AbstractPrerequisiteListParser:155 You are
                      > using a deprecated syntax of PRERULE: DAMAGE_VW ... You should be using
                      > a leading number, e.g.: PRERULE:1,First,Second

                      Well there is a PRERULE in 3 of the gameMode statsandchecks.lst files but
                      those have been converted, are you by any chance using an older system
                      folder?
                      --
                      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                    • David R. Bender
                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 27, 2008
                        Yup, that nails it. I had created a gamemode for BoXM and it had the old
                        style in it. Fixed it and the message is gone, thanks !