Re: [pcgen] new material request

  • Jonathan Thompson
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 3, 2008
      Im of the opinion that my new materials will break the program. :-(
      --
      Jonathan M. Thompson
      Battlefield Press, Inc (www.battlefieldpress.com)

    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 4, 2008
        I believe that one of our data coders is working on some Arcanis
        materials (judging by the complex questions being thrown about our
        PCGenListFileHelp Y! group). Hopefully a data monkey can pop along
        and give a definitive answer - K

        > On 04/03/08 21:02 +0000, adam gave their opinion about the topic of
        > [pcgen] new material request...
        > >is it possible to get more of the arcanis books from paradigm concepts
        > >implamented into the pcgen program?
        >
        > It is possible, but we could always do with more help, especially
        > with people who actually own the books.
        >
        > If you feel like helping out, you could always join the project and
        > do some data coding :-)
        >
        > >adam
        >
        > Anestis.
        >
        > --
        > Scissorsmith - "At the fork in the road, take the rocky path. it
        > will lead you to the dragon's lair",
        > Samurai Jack - "Where does the other path go?"
        > ScissorSmith - "Space Ace".
        > -- Samurai Jack, Episode XXI

      • Martijn Verburg
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 4, 2008
          Hi Jonathan,

          Well we'd certainly like to support one of our oldest supporters! So
          what makes you think it'll break PCGen?

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 4, 2008
            Shelly is updating the 'Player's Guide to Arcanis'; I'm working on
            'Forged in Magic' - and these sets aren't the easiest to code up
            properly, they have interesting twists and nuances... So, please be
            patient as we work to deliver quality work for your pleasure.

            Not sure about any other Arcanis materials. I know several monkeys have
            gone to work on the latest Paizo Rise of the Runelords stuff.

            Martijn Verburg wrote:
            > I believe that one of our data coders is working on some Arcanis
            > materials (judging by the complex questions being thrown about our
            > PCGenListFileHelp Y! group). Hopefully a data monkey can pop along
            > and give a definitive answer - K
            >

            >> On 04/03/08 21:02 +0000, adam gave their opinion about the topic of
            >> [pcgen] new material request...
            >>
            >>> is it possible to get more of the arcanis books from paradigm concepts
            >>> implamented into the pcgen program?
            >>>
            >> It is possible, but we could always do with more help, especially
            >> with people who actually own the books.
            >>
            >> If you feel like helping out, you could always join the project and
            >> do some data coding :-)
            >>

            >>> adam
            >>>
            >> Anestis.
            >>
            >> --
            >> Scissorsmith - "At the fork in the road, take the rocky path. it
            >> will lead you to the dragon's lair",
            >> Samurai Jack - "Where does the other path go?"
            >> ScissorSmith - "Space Ace".
            >> -- Samurai Jack, Episode XXI

            ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

          • Phantom Of Krankor
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 10, 2008
              I've been doing bits of the books, but I'm waiting on Shelley to get
              the updated set for the PGtA done before I do any major updates. The
              whole baseline is going to move and might require some total re-writes
              of the data for the other books.

              The PsiUn book should be fairly easy, since it's a big cut-n-paste job
              and then a few modifications for the powers. The classes themselves
              are fairly simple.

              I saw that someone was already working on FiM II. Shadow of the Devil
              needs the new baseline (bloodline powers are being done as Abilities).
              MoA does too, but probably the spells can be done before that.

              -Greg G

              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Anestis Kozakis <kenosti@...> wrote:

              > On 04/03/08 21:02 +0000, adam gave their opinion about the topic of
              > [pcgen] new material request...
              > >is it possible to get more of the arcanis books from paradigm concepts
              > >implamented into the pcgen program?
              >
              > It is possible, but we could always do with more help, especially
              > with people who actually own the books.
              >
              > If you feel like helping out, you could always join the project and
              > do some data coding :-)
              >
              > >adam
              >
              > Anestis.
              >
              > --
              > Scissorsmith - "At the fork in the road, take the rocky path. it
              > will lead you to the dragon's lair",
              > Samurai Jack - "Where does the other path go?"
              > ScissorSmith - "Space Ace".
              > -- Samurai Jack, Episode XXI

            • Martijn Verburg
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 10, 2008
                > I've been doing bits of the books, but I'm waiting on Shelley to get
                > the updated set for the PGtA done before I do any major updates.
                > The whole baseline is going to move and might require some total
                > re-writes of the data for the other books.

                FYI for all interested, Shelley is making good progress but is almost
                single handedly finding every bug in our Beta releases :), so her
                progress will be slowed some what until we get more code fixes in.