Re: [pcgen] new material request

  • Anestis Kozakis
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 3 2:13 PM
      On 04/03/08 21:02 +0000, adam gave their opinion about the topic of
      [pcgen] new material request...
      >is it possible to get more of the arcanis books from paradigm concepts
      >implamented into the pcgen program?

      It is possible, but we could always do with more help, especially
      with people who actually own the books.

      If you feel like helping out, you could always join the project and
      do some data coding :-)

      >adam

      Anestis.

      --
      Scissorsmith - "At the fork in the road, take the rocky path. it
      will lead you to the dragon's lair",
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 3 3:27 PM
        Im of the opinion that my new materials will break the program. :-(
        --
        Jonathan M. Thompson
        Battlefield Press, Inc (www.battlefieldpress.com)

      • Martijn Verburg
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 4 12:37 AM
          I believe that one of our data coders is working on some Arcanis
          materials (judging by the complex questions being thrown about our
          PCGenListFileHelp Y! group). Hopefully a data monkey can pop along
          and give a definitive answer - K

          > On 04/03/08 21:02 +0000, adam gave their opinion about the topic of
          > [pcgen] new material request...
          > >is it possible to get more of the arcanis books from paradigm concepts
          > >implamented into the pcgen program?
          >
          > It is possible, but we could always do with more help, especially
          > with people who actually own the books.
          >
          > If you feel like helping out, you could always join the project and
          > do some data coding :-)
          >
          > >adam
          >
          > Anestis.
          >
          > --
          > Scissorsmith - "At the fork in the road, take the rocky path. it
          > will lead you to the dragon's lair",
          > Samurai Jack - "Where does the other path go?"
          > ScissorSmith - "Space Ace".
          > -- Samurai Jack, Episode XXI

        • Martijn Verburg
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 4 12:39 AM
            Hi Jonathan,

            Well we'd certainly like to support one of our oldest supporters! So
            what makes you think it'll break PCGen?

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 4 4:18 AM
              Shelly is updating the 'Player's Guide to Arcanis'; I'm working on
              'Forged in Magic' - and these sets aren't the easiest to code up
              properly, they have interesting twists and nuances... So, please be
              patient as we work to deliver quality work for your pleasure.

              Not sure about any other Arcanis materials. I know several monkeys have
              gone to work on the latest Paizo Rise of the Runelords stuff.

              Martijn Verburg wrote:
              > I believe that one of our data coders is working on some Arcanis
              > materials (judging by the complex questions being thrown about our
              > PCGenListFileHelp Y! group). Hopefully a data monkey can pop along
              > and give a definitive answer - K
              >

              >> On 04/03/08 21:02 +0000, adam gave their opinion about the topic of
              >> [pcgen] new material request...
              >>
              >>> is it possible to get more of the arcanis books from paradigm concepts
              >>> implamented into the pcgen program?
              >>>
              >> It is possible, but we could always do with more help, especially
              >> with people who actually own the books.
              >>
              >> If you feel like helping out, you could always join the project and
              >> do some data coding :-)
              >>

              >>> adam
              >>>
              >> Anestis.
              >>
              >> --
              >> Scissorsmith - "At the fork in the road, take the rocky path. it
              >> will lead you to the dragon's lair",
              >> Samurai Jack - "Where does the other path go?"
              >> ScissorSmith - "Space Ace".
              >> -- Samurai Jack, Episode XXI

              ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
              "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

            • Phantom Of Krankor
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 10 6:02 AM
                I've been doing bits of the books, but I'm waiting on Shelley to get
                the updated set for the PGtA done before I do any major updates. The
                whole baseline is going to move and might require some total re-writes
                of the data for the other books.

                The PsiUn book should be fairly easy, since it's a big cut-n-paste job
                and then a few modifications for the powers. The classes themselves
                are fairly simple.

                I saw that someone was already working on FiM II. Shadow of the Devil
                needs the new baseline (bloodline powers are being done as Abilities).
                MoA does too, but probably the spells can be done before that.

                -Greg G

                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Anestis Kozakis <kenosti@...> wrote:

                > On 04/03/08 21:02 +0000, adam gave their opinion about the topic of
                > [pcgen] new material request...
                > >is it possible to get more of the arcanis books from paradigm concepts
                > >implamented into the pcgen program?
                >
                > It is possible, but we could always do with more help, especially
                > with people who actually own the books.
                >
                > If you feel like helping out, you could always join the project and
                > do some data coding :-)
                >
                > >adam
                >
                > Anestis.
                >
                > --
                > Scissorsmith - "At the fork in the road, take the rocky path. it
                > will lead you to the dragon's lair",
                > Samurai Jack - "Where does the other path go?"
                > ScissorSmith - "Space Ace".
                > -- Samurai Jack, Episode XXI

              • Martijn Verburg
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 10 6:35 AM
                  > I've been doing bits of the books, but I'm waiting on Shelley to get
                  > the updated set for the PGtA done before I do any major updates.
                  > The whole baseline is going to move and might require some total
                  > re-writes of the data for the other books.

                  FYI for all interested, Shelley is making good progress but is almost
                  single handedly finding every bug in our Beta releases :), so her
                  progress will be slowed some what until we get more code fixes in.