Re: PCGen is going to Gencon! (Yes, we're fishing for donations again ;p)

  • thaldorf
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 3 9:49 AM
      I wanted to make a donation because I want to help, not because I
      wanted recognition for it.

      wrote:

      > Hmm, you used to able to donate anonymously in SF, but it appears no
      > longer.
      >
      > You can make a Paypal payment directly to:
      >
      > pcgenpaypal AT gmail DOT com
      >
      > I'm not 100% sure if you can send $ to a Paypal account anonymously,
      > but donating that way would mean you are not displayed on the
      > sourceforge donation page.
      >
      > Does that help?

      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Oh yeah, I almost forgot!
      > > >
      > > > If you do wish to donate then please follow one of the Donate
      links on
      > > > our home page at:
      > > >
      > > > http:/pcgen.sf.net

      > > Is there a way to make an anonymous donation?

    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 3 10:08 AM
        I totally understand your stance on that one, and I _think_ the direct
        paypal to the pcgenpaypal AT gmail DOT com will do the trick - K

        > I wanted to make a donation because I want to help, not because I
        > wanted recognition for it.
        >

        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverburg@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Hmm, you used to able to donate anonymously in SF, but it appears no
        > > longer.
        > >
        > > You can make a Paypal payment directly to:
        > >
        > > pcgenpaypal AT gmail DOT com
        > >
        > > I'm not 100% sure if you can send $ to a Paypal account anonymously,
        > > but donating that way would mean you are not displayed on the
        > > sourceforge donation page.
        > >
        > > Does that help?

        > links on

        > > > Is there a way to make an anonymous donation?

      • Terry FitzSimons
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 3 10:19 AM
          On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 13:56:07 -0000, "thaldorf" <thaldorf@...> wrote:

          >--- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverburg@...>
          >wrote:
          >>
          >> Oh yeah, I almost forgot!
          >>
          >> If you do wish to donate then please follow one of the Donate links on
          >> our home page at:
          >>
          >> http:/pcgen.sf.net

          >Is there a way to make an anonymous donation?

          I'm wondering how long is the dwell period between the donation and the
          note appears? Made two to see if the lack of a comment actually does make
          the donation anonymous. So far neither has showed up.
          --

          Terry FitzSimons
          FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)

          Data Lemur, Docs Gibbon
        • Martijn Verburg
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 4 12:34 AM
            Hi Terry,

            It can take a few days to clear, unfortunately looking at the
            historical list of donations it's not the lack of comment that makes
            it anonymous. I do see anonymous donations in the list (from the
            past) but I don't see how it can be done now :(