Re: [PCGEN][BUG]

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 1, 2008
      Trackered - K

      > PCGEN 5.13.12
      > Win XP PRO
      >
      > Problem with the COVER tag in .pcc files.
      >
      > If the path to the image file contains an apostrophe the cover image
      > fails to display.
      >
      > e.g Pathname:
      >
      > C:/Program Files/PCGen/PCGen5.13.12/Data/Gamer's Handbook/
      >
      > Contains the files gh.pcc and gh.jpg
      >
      > and the .pcc file contains the line
      >
      > COVER:gh.jpg
      >
      > Then the cover image does not load.
      >
      > Change the pathname to
      > C:/Program Files/PCGen/PCGen5.13.12/Data/Gamers Handbook/
      >
      > and all is well.
      >

      > Coromir.

    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 21 , Jan 1, 2010
        Hi Folks and I hope this note finds everyone having had a wonderful
        holiday season!

        While prepping for a game for this weekend I have run across a bug in
        the RSRD Treasure Kits.

        It seems that the OPTION range values have incorrect values. Or at
        least the one I examined did and as I picked it at randome I will
        assume that the error exists in other locations as well.

        Specifically, if you look at the Treasure Table Coins CR10 includes
        the following:

        STARTPACK:Treasure Table Coins
        CR10 TYPE:Treasure VISIBLE:YES APPLY:INSTANT EQUIPBUY:0
        SELECT:roll("1d100")
        GEAR:Coin (Silver) QTY:roll("2d10")*1000 OPTION:11,24
        GEAR:Coin (Gold) QTY:roll("6d4")*100 OPTION:35,79
        GEAR:Coin (Platinum) QTY:roll("5d6")*10 OPTION:86,100

        Per the 3.5 SRD it should read as follows:

        STARTPACK:Treasure Table Coins
        CR10 TYPE:Treasure VISIBLE:YES APPLY:INSTANT EQUIPBUY:0
        SELECT:roll("1d100")
        GEAR:Coin (Silver) QTY:roll("2d10")*1000 OPTION:11,24
        GEAR:Coin (Gold) QTY:roll("6d4")*100 OPTION:25,79
        GEAR:Coin (Platinum) QTY:roll("5d6")*10 OPTION:80,100

        I have tracker this particular issue.

        Additionally, I have noticed that the treasure that is generated isn't
        as random as I would expect.

        I have created a half dozen Trolls, of both normal and Scrag, and
        applied the Standard Treasure CR5 kit. All critters consistently
        recieved Gold of varying quantities and ALWAYS received Small Full-
        Plate.

        I am using the following:
        Mac running OSX 10.5.8
        PCGen 5.16.2
        RSRD loaded

        Can someone create a troll and apply the 'Treasure Standard CR5' kit
        and post the results?

        Thanks!

        Maredudd