Need info for race ideal that i came up with.

  • Timothy Seter
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 18, 2008
      Pokemon subclass Pikachu

      1d8 hit dice
      (only if applying race only, remove if taking player class.)
      +2 dex, -2 str,
      Base speed 40 feet
      Claw attack 1d4
      Bite attack 1d4 plus 1d6 electric
      Electric restance 10
      Breath weapon electric 30 foot cone 1d6 per 2 hd
      Partial improve intitive
      Can not use heavy or medum armor.

      Favorate class: Male=Sorcerer, Female=Ranger

      Yes yes its a pokemon, I've made this Race to use online ina Dnd
      bases roleplay and well i need to make sure it is working well to
      whati want it to work out as. Right now if there is no class levels
      it is a ECL 4 race, I can however remove the electric damage on the
      bite to make it only ECL 3 or ECL 2 with a player class Added atop
      the ECL.

      I see this race as one that stays at range using speels or arrows to
      attack foes, and if they get too close they unleash a strong eletric
      attack to all foes within 30 feet of them. It works just like the
      dragons breath weapons were after the breath attack roll 1D4 and the
      result is how many rounds till next electric attack. The partial
      improved intitive add a +2 to intitive if no or light armor is worn
      and can stack with improved intitive to help with making the
      character go frist and run away if needed to.

      This Race can not wear armor heavyer than light due to there body
      shape and makeup. Also the armor would be too heavy for them to move
      around with and remain quick, thus this race is prohibitide from
      gaining heavy and medum armor profecaties EVEN if the player class
      allows it. I was thinking about giving them natral Armor of +2 but
      that will incress there ECL more and thus why i did npot put it
      there.

      If someone would like to test this race out in a dnd style roleplay
      please feel free to message me or e-mail me at this name and we can
      set it up. Also I don't often cheack up in here so if you see me on
      messager and would like to comment feel free to message me up.
    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 19, 2008
        And people wonder why PCGen has to be so flexible :), Pokemon, now
        that is an unforseen usage of PCGen! Truly brilliant.

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 22, 2008
          Ok now to clearify some thing here, This rae was made OUTSIDE PCgen
          as i can not understands how pcgen works right off hand. And also
          I've reworked the rae into a ECL of only 1 by means of a bloodline so
          here you are folks the Race Pikachu.

          Pikachu Race Stats

          Racial ability mods:
          +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma. Pikachu are hale and hardy but rather
          crude by human standards.
          +2 Dexterity, -2 Strength. Parachute's are naturally quick on there
          feet due to them not being physically strong.

          Medium-size: As Medium-size creatures, Pikachu have no special
          bonuses or penalties due to size .

          Pikachu base speed is 40 feet .

          A Pikachu's sharp claws and teeth deal 1d4 points of normal damage
          with a successful unarmed strike .

          Electric attack: Can unless stored static charge from the red spots
          within his cheeks dealing 1d6 damage in a 30 foot cone. Can use again
          in 1d4 rounds. Recharges naturally when sleeping.

          Electric Immunity: Being a creature of electricity Pikachu are immune
          to all electric attacks.

          Due to how a Pikachu's body is shaped and there build they are unable
          to wear armor other than light even if the lass they pick can
          normally wear said armor.

          Favored class: Most Pikachu male had found they have the ability to
          use magic and thus there are quite a lot male sorcerers. However more
          female Pikachu favor the lifestyle of rangers over all other classes,
          even if she has inborn powers of a sorcerer.

          Bloodline of ALL pikachu's

          Level Trait gained
          2 +2 Hide and Move Silent
          4 Breath weapon damage 2d6
          6 +1 to Dex
          8 Breath weapon damage 3d6
          10 Pikachu Affinity
          12 Breath weapon Damage 4d6
          14 +2 Tumble and Jump
          16 Breath weapon damage 5d6
          18 +1 to Dex
          20 Breath weapon damage 6d6

          Pikachu affinity, You gain bonus +2 on all Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather
          Information, Intimidate, and Perform checks made to interact with
          creatures of the bloodline Pikachu
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 22, 2008
            Hi Timothy,

            If you're asking HOW TO CODE the race into PCGen, that belongs over on
            our list file help group.

            PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com]

            If you're just submitting ideas... well that's cool too.

            Um, Medium Sized Creatures? Pocket Monsters or Pokemon are rather
            small... at least based upon the TV Show. I know cause yes, I have seen
            the show and my Brother-in-law LOVES Pokemon. Unless the humans are all
            giants in your universe. :-P

            ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
          • joefrazierjr
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 22, 2008
              > Um, Medium Sized Creatures? Pocket Monsters or Pokemon are rather
              > small... at least based upon the TV Show. I know cause yes, I have seen
              > the show and my Brother-in-law LOVES Pokemon. Unless the humans are all
              > giants in your universe. :-P

              I can't believe I am saying this, but your only partly right. Some of
              them are small (tiny actually) but some are quite large also. It
              depends on the species. For example, Torterra is almost twice the
              height of a human and around 700 lb.

              Joe
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 22, 2008
                joefrazierjr wrote:
                >> Um, Medium Sized Creatures? Pocket Monsters or Pokemon are rather
                >> small... at least based upon the TV Show. I know cause yes, I have seen
                >> the show and my Brother-in-law LOVES Pokemon. Unless the humans are all
                >> giants in your universe. :-P
                >>

                > I can't believe I am saying this, but your only partly right. Some of
                > them are small (tiny actually) but some are quite large also. It
                > depends on the species. For example, Torterra is almost twice the
                > height of a human and around 700 lb.

                You are correct. But Pikachu can sit on Ash's shoulder. And definitely a
                Pokemon of the smaller variety.

                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 22, 2008
                  Well, to show how bored I was, I actually created a few starter files
                  for this.

                  I just uploaded it on the PCGen Y! group here. All credits go to Timothy
                  Seter.

                  So, anyone that wants to play with it can. Remember, I just did the bare
                  bones, and have NOT tested it.

                  Have Fun.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 23, 2008
                    Ok this is to clear up some other people thoughts about this race.

                    This is a humanoid rae that is based off the pokemon pikachu as close
                    as possiable without making it too powerful an ECL. Here is the
                    Newest race stats, If someone can make it for me I would love someone
                    to do such thing for me.

                    And here you are the newest (and approved by my Game Master.)

                    Pikachu Race Stats

                    Racial ability mods:
                    +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma. Pikachu are hale and hardy but rather
                    crude by human standards.
                    +2 Dexterity, -2 Strength. Parachute's are naturally quick on there
                    feet due to them not being physically strong.

                    Medium-size: As Medium-size creatures, Pikachu have no special
                    bonuses or penalties due to size .

                    Pikachu base speed is 40 feet .

                    A Pikachu's sharp claws and teeth deal 1d4 points of normal damage
                    with a successful unarmed strike . A pikachu's attack is Claw claw
                    bite at normal base attack.

                    Electric attack: Can unless stored static charge from the red spots
                    within his cheeks dealing 1d6 per two hit die damage in a 30 foot
                    cone. Can use again in 1d4 rounds. Recharges naturally when sleeping.

                    Electric Immunity: Being a creature of electricity Pikachu are immune
                    to all electric attacks.

                    Favored class: Ranger
                    And also were can i get a data fioels with the current classes Like
                    scout amd the other one found in the complete (class) books?
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 24, 2008
                      I already created the base files, just specify what changed and I can
                      modify them (Actually, you can easily modify the changes, judging from
                      what is written you'd only need to change the words of a couple of
                      tags). I think the only thing I forgot was the ECL of +1.

                      As far as "Complete" series books. Just about anything by Wizards of the
                      Coast is considered Closed Content. The only source for those WAS Code
                      Monkey Publishing [CMP]; however, you cannot acquire the data sets
                      anymore as the licensing Agreement between CMP and WotC expired and was
                      NOT renewed by WotC.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 24, 2008
                        > As far as "Complete" series books. Just about anything by Wizards
                        of the
                        > Coast is considered Closed Content. The only source for those WAS
                        Code
                        > Monkey Publishing [CMP]; however, you cannot acquire the data sets
                        > anymore as the licensing Agreement between CMP and WotC expired and
                        was
                        > NOT renewed by WotC.

                        Well dang it, Can someone show me or help me with trying to
                        understand the coding of this I tryed to look at the documention and
                        quckly got confuesed as how and what is what in it.

                        And as far as the changes for the race from your starter files Andrew
                        they are as follows (I think).

                        ECL= +2 LEvel adjustment

                        Remove light armor restraction, Unable to come up with a reason
                        as to why there were only able to wear light armor.

                        Remove Blood line infomation.

                        Add 1d6 damage to breath weapon per 2 hit die.

                        Change Favored class from Sorcer/ranger to just ranger. Changed
                        as the scorcer need Cha to do his/her spells and well the pikachu's
                        have a -2 to cha rom racial stats os it didn't make much sence.
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 24, 2008
                          Hi Tim,

                          The documentation has been kept up to speed. The base files I made and
                          *will* update should be a good start to see the coding in action. I
                          learned by first looking at how the existing files were made. However,
                          for lst coding, you should definitely ask specific questions on the list
                          file help Y! group.
                          I hang out, as well as many knowledgeable monkeys)

                          This group is for generic questions & stuff, bug reports, and feature
                          requests.

                          DOCUMENTATION -
                          Start by opening it up - pcgen/docs/index.html or online at

                          Menu on Left Side - Select List Files
                          From there you can choose to go in order which will help you understand
                          the how, why and what. The spot I use frequently is the List File Tag
                          Index (You'll use that a lot to learn about tags)

                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 24, 2008
                            Add 1d6 damage to breath weapon per 2 hit die.

                            Is that 2d6 at 2nd level / HD OR 2d6 at 3rd level / HD

                            Message 13 of 13 , Mar 26, 2008

                              > Add 1d6 damage to breath weapon per 2 hit die.
                              >
                              > Is that 2d6 at 2nd level / HD OR 2d6 at 3rd level / HD
                              >
                              > ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                              > ~ Data Gibbon, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Lemur
                              > "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

                              It is Per hit die, So 1d6 at level one, 2d6 at level 3, 3d6 at level 5
                              and so forth.