4th edition??????

  • bayushi_hidar_l5r
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 5, 2008
      Hello all:
      I don't know if this topic has been covered; I have been out for a long
      while, but will PCGen eventually shift towards 4th edition? If it has
      been covered, can anyone direct me towards the thread?
      Thanks
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 5, 2008

        On 06/03/2008, bayushi_hidar_l5r <bayushi_hidari@...> wrote:

        > Hello all:
        > I don't know if this topic has been covered; I have been out for a long
        > while, but will PCGen eventually shift towards 4th edition? If it has
        > been covered, can anyone direct me towards the thread?

        It hasn't been discussed much thus far. This is mostly because there isn't
        currently a lot of information available about the open part of the rules
        that PCGen currently works with (what is currently called the SRD). We can
        speculate based on what has been released thus far, but it wouldn't get us
        very far.

        About the only thing I can say is that we are definitely interested in
        supporting 4th edition and in examining the options available to do so.

        James Dempsey
        PCGen Code SB

      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 5, 2008
          bayushi_hidar_l5r scribed:

          > Hello all:
          > I don't know if this topic has been covered; I have been out for a long
          > while, but will PCGen eventually shift towards 4th edition? If it has
          > been covered, can anyone direct me towards the thread?
          > Thanks

          We would certainly like to support 4th edition but at this time WotC has not
          released the license they will be allowing third parties to use their rules
          under not to mention the actual rules.

          So we don't yet know what we will be able to do and may not until June.

          As for shifting to 4th edition we have no plans at all to discontinue
          support for our 3.0 and 3.5 datasets.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        • bayushi_hidar_l5r