Re: [Bug]? Loading Modern Complete SRD (Latest SVN build)

  • joefrazierjr
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 5, 2008
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@...> wrote:

      > > Latest SVN build, MSRD Modern gamemode. Select MSRD-->Complete.
      > >
      > > Load: MRSD - Basics, MRSD - Future, MRSD - Menaces, MRSD - Arcana
      > >
      > > In the loading window (as well as the Eclipse console) I get:
      >
      > Check your pcc file.
      >
      > This looks to me like it is loading some of the lower level pcc files
      > twice.
      >
      > I looked for the MSRD Complete pcc file under
      > pcgen51310\data\d20ogl\msrd\
      > and I cannot find it to check it.

      I have noticed while developing that if I load,unload, and load the
      same sources again, I get similar type errors on 5.13.10 svn builds.
      Not sure if this is related or not, just something I have observed
      over the past few days with the various things I am testing. Closing
      PCGen and restarting from within Eclipse seems to work, but as soon as
      I unload (and I don't think it happens every time) with the exact same
      sources starts throwing duplicate object errors.

      Joe
    • taluroniscandar
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 5, 2008
        > > This looks to me like it is loading some of the lower level pcc
        files
        > > twice.
        > >
        > > I looked for the MSRD Complete pcc file under
        > > pcgen51310\data\d20ogl\msrd\
        > > and I cannot find it to check it.
        > >

        > I have noticed while developing that if I load,unload, and load the
        > same sources again, I get similar type errors on 5.13.10 svn
        builds.
        > Not sure if this is related or not, just something I have observed
        > over the past few days with the various things I am testing.
        Closing
        > PCGen and restarting from within Eclipse seems to work, but as soon
        as
        > I unload (and I don't think it happens every time) with the exact
        same
        > sources starts throwing duplicate object errors.

        Hm, there used to be a memory error in pcgen.
        Unload would not work.
        You had to actually close pcgen to clear datasets from memory.
        I know someone reported a memory bug on one the other yahoo lists.
        Perhaps the Unload button is not working again?

        What is Eclipse?
      • Martijn Verburg
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 5, 2008
          Hi all,

          > Hm, there used to be a memory error in pcgen.
          > Unload would not work.
          > You had to actually close pcgen to clear datasets from memory.
          > I know someone reported a memory bug on one the other yahoo lists.

          Yep, I did, it's trackered :)

          > Perhaps the Unload button is not working again?

          Yeah it's not working at the moment (probably related to the other bug
          where on load its reporting that nothing is loaded)

          > What is Eclipse?

          The main development environment used by the code monkeys, when you
          run PCGen within it, it mimics the UNIX/DOS console as if you were
          running it from there. Eclipse is just wonderful for all sorts of
          other reasons, but I won't go into those here :)

        • Martijn Verburg
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 5, 2008
            Yep, cleaned it (I usually run "ant clean build") - K

            > Hi Kar,
            >
            > Have you done an ant clean? This could be due to duplicate tokens...
            >
            > Cheers,
            > James.
            >
            > On 5/03/2008 9:04 PM Martijn Verburg wrote
            > > Hi Eddy,
            > >

            > >> I can't. I'm currently getting no messages in the console one load.
            > >> When do you get this and where.
            > >>

            > > Latest SVN build, MSRD Modern gamemode. Select MSRD-->Complete.
            > >
            > > Load: MRSD - Basics, MRSD - Future, MRSD - Menaces, MRSD - Arcana
            > >
            > > In the loading window (as well as the Eclipse console) I get:
            > >
            > > SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Greatsword
            > > Orignal:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_weaponprofs.lst
            > > Duplicate:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_weaponprofs.lst
            > > WARNING: Not loading duplicate.
            > >
            > > SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Falchion
            > > Orignal:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_weaponprofs.lst
            > > Duplicate:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_weaponprofs.lst
            > > WARNING: Not loading duplicate.
            > >
            > > SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Greataxe
            > > Orignal:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_weaponprofs.lst
            > > Duplicate:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_weaponprofs.lst
            > > WARNING: Not loading duplicate.
            > >
            > > SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Abyssal
            > > Orignal:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_languages.lst
            > > Duplicate:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_languages.lst
            > > WARNING: Not loading duplicate.
            > >
            > > SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Auran
            > > Orignal:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_languages.lst
            > > Duplicate:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_languages.lst
            > > WARNING: Not loading duplicate.
            > >
            > > SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Draconic
            > > Orignal:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_languages.lst
            > > Duplicate:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_languages.lst
            > > WARNING: Not loading duplicate.
            > >
            > > SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Giant
            > > Orignal:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_languages.lst
            > > Duplicate:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_languages.lst
            > > WARNING: Not loading duplicate.
            > >
            > > SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Gnoll
            > > Orignal:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_languages.lst
            > > Duplicate:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_languages.lst
            > > WARNING: Not loading duplicate.
            > >
            > > SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Goblin
            > > Orignal:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_languages.lst
            > > Duplicate:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_languages.lst
            > > WARNING: Not loading duplicate.
            > >
            > > SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Terran
            > > Orignal:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_languages.lst
            > > Duplicate:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_languages.lst
            > > WARNING: Not loading duplicate.
            > >
            > > SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Alien Weapons Proficiency
            > > Orignal:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/future/future_basics/futurebasics_feats.lst
            > > Duplicate:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/future/future_basics/futurebasics_feats.lst
            > > WARNING: Not loading duplicate.
            > >
            > > SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Jack of All Trades
            > > Orignal:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/future/future_basics/futurebasics_feats.lst
            > > Duplicate:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/future/future_basics/futurebasics_feats.lst
            > > WARNING: Not loading duplicate.
            > >
            > > SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Twin Power
            > > Orignal:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/psionics/arcanapsionics_feats.lst
            > > Duplicate:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/psionics/arcanapsionics_feats.lst
            > > WARNING: Not loading duplicate.
            > >
            > > SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Incorporeal
            > > Orignal:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/menaces/menaces_templates_hidden.lst
            > > Duplicate:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/menaces/menaces_templates_hidden.lst
            > > WARNING: Not loading duplicate.
            > >
            > > SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Falchion
            > > Orignal:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_equip_weap_melee.lst
            > > Duplicate:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_equip_weap_melee.lst
            > > WARNING: Not loading duplicate.
            > >
            > > SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Greataxe
            > > Orignal:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_equip_weap_melee.lst
            > > Duplicate:

            file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_equip_weap_melee.lst
            > > WARNING: Not loading duplicate.
            > > All Done

          • Martijn Verburg
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 5, 2008
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@...> wrote:

              > > Latest SVN build, MSRD Modern gamemode. Select MSRD-->Complete.
              > >
              > > Load: MRSD - Basics, MRSD - Future, MRSD - Menaces, MRSD - Arcana
              > >
              > > In the loading window (as well as the Eclipse console) I get:
              >
              > Check your pcc file.
              >
              > This looks to me like it is loading some of the lower level pcc files
              > twice.
              >
              > I looked for the MSRD Complete pcc file under
              > pcgen51310\data\d20ogl\msrd\
              > and I cannot find it to check it.

              There is no complete.pcc, my report was probably a little confusing on
              that one. If you select MSRD-->Complete from the LH pane it puts

              * basic
              * arcana
              * future
              * menaces

              into the RH pane, which I then load and then get the duplicate errors
              from.

              Ah, I see it now (I think), there are some tags which load languages
              etc for menaces via INCLUDEs, this seems to be causing the duplicates.

              So assuming PCGen is behaving correctly here, the next question is:

              "Should there be a MSRD-->Complete option on the LH Pane that
              effectively causes duplicates to be loaded?"