Re: [BUG] [TM] Creating new MSRD Character causes NPE

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 5, 2008
      > > Hi Tom/All,
      > >
      > > I'm afraid I know nothing about Modern, how do I get PCGen to allow
      > > me to pick a Mutation?

      > I works like the Flaws/Merits system. You need to choose some
      > TYPE:Drawback mutations which will add points to the pool and then
      > you can add advantageous mutations.

      I'm afraid I can't get this to work to the point I can even attempt to
      reproduce the bug (the pools around mutations are too buggy, we have
      several bug reports around this area). If anyone else is able to
      weave their magic and reproduce this, please let me know how you did it!

    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 5, 2008
        Martijn Verburg wrote:
        >>> Hi Tom/All,
        >>>
        >>> I'm afraid I know nothing about Modern, how do I get PCGen to allow
        >>> me to pick a Mutation?

        >> I works like the Flaws/Merits system. You need to choose some
        >> TYPE:Drawback mutations which will add points to the pool and then
        >> you can add advantageous mutations.
        >>

        > I'm afraid I can't get this to work to the point I can even attempt to
        > reproduce the bug (the pools around mutations are too buggy, we have
        > several bug reports around this area). If anyone else is able to
        > weave their magic and reproduce this, please let me know how you did it!

        Hi Kar
        I loaded up the MSRD and found that Mutations are still working as I
        designed them. Set the veiw to "Type/Name" and take a look at Drawback,
        you will find that the cost of these are all negative. When you start
        with no mutations the pool is 0, once you add some drawbacks the
        negative cost actually adds to the pool which you can then use to buy
        minor and major mutations until the pool is 0 again.

        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      • Martijn Verburg
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 6, 2008
          Hi Eddy/Tom,

          > >> I works like the Flaws/Merits system. You need to choose some
          > >> TYPE:Drawback mutations which will add points to the pool and
          > >> then you can add advantageous mutations.
          > >>

          > > I'm afraid I can't get this to work to the point I can even
          > > attempt to reproduce the bug (the pools around mutations are too
          > > buggy, we have several bug reports around this area). If anyone
          > > else is able to weave their magic and reproduce this, please let
          > > me know how you did it!

          > Hi Kar
          > I loaded up the MSRD and found that Mutations are still working
          > as I designed them. Set the veiw to "Type/Name" and take a look at
          > Drawback, you will find that the cost of these are all negative.
          > When you start with no mutations the pool is 0, once you add some
          > drawbacks the negative cost actually adds to the pool which you can
          > then use to buy minor and major mutations until the pool is 0 again.

          Ah, right got it now, I was able to run the test! Tom, I'm afraid I
          was unable to reproduce your problem, do you have a specific series of
          steps?

        • Tom Parker
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 6, 2008
            wrote:

            > Ah, right got it now, I was able to run the test! Tom, I'm afraid I
            > was unable to reproduce your problem, do you have a specific series of
            > steps?

            Load just MSRD basics, then create a new PC.

            TP.
          • Martijn Verburg
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 7, 2008
              Hi Tom,

              > > Ah, right got it now, I was able to run the test! Tom, I'm afraid I
              > > was unable to reproduce your problem, do you have a specific series
              > > of steps?
              >
              > Load just MSRD basics, then create a new PC.

              Tried that and still can't reproduce, sorry :( - K