Re: [pcgen] UA Flaws/Traits as abilities

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 3, 2008
      Thomas Clegg wrote:
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:
      >
      >> I works like the Flaws/Merits system. You need to choose some
      >> TYPE:Drawback mutations which will add points to the pool and then
      >>
      > you
      >
      >> can add advantageous mutations.
      >>
      >> --
      >> ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      >> ~ Chair Second, PCGen Board of Directors
      >> ~ Data Content Second, Doc Chimp, OS Tamarin
      >>

      > Speaking of Flaws... :)
      >
      > In getting things together for a game, I found a few moments to
      > update the Flaws/Traits from Unearthed Arcana to use the Abilities
      > feature. Should I upload just them to the files section or should I
      > add them back into the zip file they were originally in and reupload
      > that one?
      >
      > (I'd like to eventually go through and redo all the Bloodlines, Class
      > variants, etc. and update them but I figure that'll be after I get
      > through the Darwin's World stuff....)
      >
      > Thomas

      Go ahead and upload your revisions in a new zip, just be sure to date it
      and detail what it contains in the description. Thanks.

      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 5, 2008
        > > Hi Tom/All,
        > >
        > > I'm afraid I know nothing about Modern, how do I get PCGen to allow
        > > me to pick a Mutation?

        > I works like the Flaws/Merits system. You need to choose some
        > TYPE:Drawback mutations which will add points to the pool and then
        > you can add advantageous mutations.

        I'm afraid I can't get this to work to the point I can even attempt to
        reproduce the bug (the pools around mutations are too buggy, we have
        several bug reports around this area). If anyone else is able to
        weave their magic and reproduce this, please let me know how you did it!

      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 5, 2008
          Martijn Verburg wrote:
          >>> Hi Tom/All,
          >>>
          >>> I'm afraid I know nothing about Modern, how do I get PCGen to allow
          >>> me to pick a Mutation?

          >> I works like the Flaws/Merits system. You need to choose some
          >> TYPE:Drawback mutations which will add points to the pool and then
          >> you can add advantageous mutations.
          >>

          > I'm afraid I can't get this to work to the point I can even attempt to
          > reproduce the bug (the pools around mutations are too buggy, we have
          > several bug reports around this area). If anyone else is able to
          > weave their magic and reproduce this, please let me know how you did it!

          Hi Kar
          I loaded up the MSRD and found that Mutations are still working as I
          designed them. Set the veiw to "Type/Name" and take a look at Drawback,
          you will find that the cost of these are all negative. When you start
          with no mutations the pool is 0, once you add some drawbacks the
          negative cost actually adds to the pool which you can then use to buy
          minor and major mutations until the pool is 0 again.

          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        • Martijn Verburg
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 6, 2008
            Hi Eddy/Tom,

            > >> I works like the Flaws/Merits system. You need to choose some
            > >> TYPE:Drawback mutations which will add points to the pool and
            > >> then you can add advantageous mutations.
            > >>

            > > I'm afraid I can't get this to work to the point I can even
            > > attempt to reproduce the bug (the pools around mutations are too
            > > buggy, we have several bug reports around this area). If anyone
            > > else is able to weave their magic and reproduce this, please let
            > > me know how you did it!

            > Hi Kar
            > I loaded up the MSRD and found that Mutations are still working
            > as I designed them. Set the veiw to "Type/Name" and take a look at
            > Drawback, you will find that the cost of these are all negative.
            > When you start with no mutations the pool is 0, once you add some
            > drawbacks the negative cost actually adds to the pool which you can
            > then use to buy minor and major mutations until the pool is 0 again.

            Ah, right got it now, I was able to run the test! Tom, I'm afraid I
            was unable to reproduce your problem, do you have a specific series of
            steps?

          • Tom Parker
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 6, 2008
              wrote:

              > Ah, right got it now, I was able to run the test! Tom, I'm afraid I
              > was unable to reproduce your problem, do you have a specific series of
              > steps?

              Load just MSRD basics, then create a new PC.

              TP.
            • Martijn Verburg
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 7, 2008
                Hi Tom,

                > > Ah, right got it now, I was able to run the test! Tom, I'm afraid I
                > > was unable to reproduce your problem, do you have a specific series
                > > of steps?
                >
                > Load just MSRD basics, then create a new PC.

                Tried that and still can't reproduce, sorry :( - K