[Bug]? Loading Modern Complete SRD (Latest SVN build)

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 3, 2008
      It complains about duplicates contained in the _same_ file (the arcana
      one). Can anyone else confirm this?

    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 3, 2008
        Martijn Verburg wrote:
        > It complains about duplicates contained in the _same_ file (the arcana
        > one). Can anyone else confirm this?

        I can't. I'm currently getting no messages in the console one load. When
        do you get this and where.

        Aside: your post made me wonder what your debugging settings were so I
        checked mine and realised I didn't know what was what and I'm not even
        sure I'm talking about the same things.

        There is a Menu option in Debug > Logging Level, these option are not in
        the docs yet. They look self explanatory but I'm still not sure what
        they all include and how it works. Could a coder comment on these
        options so we can doc them please?

        Also I have a question about the console, I run my development build
        from line command in the Terminal app (Mac) and when I say console
        messages I mean what gets output there, but there is also the Console
        window you can open from Debug > Console. I've always assumed that they
        both output the same (when I causally checked this seemed to be the
        case) but it that actually the case?

        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      • Martijn Verburg
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 5, 2008
          Hi Eddy,

          > I can't. I'm currently getting no messages in the console one load.
          > When do you get this and where.

          Latest SVN build, MSRD Modern gamemode. Select MSRD-->Complete.

          Load: MRSD - Basics, MRSD - Future, MRSD - Menaces, MRSD - Arcana

          In the loading window (as well as the Eclipse console) I get:

          SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Greatsword
          Orignal:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_weaponprofs.lst
          Duplicate:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_weaponprofs.lst
          WARNING: Not loading duplicate.

          SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Falchion
          Orignal:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_weaponprofs.lst
          Duplicate:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_weaponprofs.lst
          WARNING: Not loading duplicate.

          SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Greataxe
          Orignal:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_weaponprofs.lst
          Duplicate:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_weaponprofs.lst
          WARNING: Not loading duplicate.

          SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Abyssal
          Orignal:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_languages.lst
          Duplicate:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_languages.lst
          WARNING: Not loading duplicate.

          SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Auran
          Orignal:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_languages.lst
          Duplicate:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_languages.lst
          WARNING: Not loading duplicate.

          SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Draconic
          Orignal:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_languages.lst
          Duplicate:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_languages.lst
          WARNING: Not loading duplicate.

          SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Giant
          Orignal:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_languages.lst
          Duplicate:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_languages.lst
          WARNING: Not loading duplicate.

          SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Gnoll
          Orignal:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_languages.lst
          Duplicate:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_languages.lst
          WARNING: Not loading duplicate.

          SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Goblin
          Orignal:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_languages.lst
          Duplicate:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_languages.lst
          WARNING: Not loading duplicate.

          SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Terran
          Orignal:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_languages.lst
          Duplicate:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_languages.lst
          WARNING: Not loading duplicate.

          SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Alien Weapons Proficiency
          Orignal:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/future/future_basics/futurebasics_feats.lst
          Duplicate:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/future/future_basics/futurebasics_feats.lst
          WARNING: Not loading duplicate.

          SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Jack of All Trades
          Orignal:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/future/future_basics/futurebasics_feats.lst
          Duplicate:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/future/future_basics/futurebasics_feats.lst
          WARNING: Not loading duplicate.

          SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Twin Power
          Orignal:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/psionics/arcanapsionics_feats.lst
          Duplicate:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/psionics/arcanapsionics_feats.lst
          WARNING: Not loading duplicate.

          SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Incorporeal
          Orignal:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/menaces/menaces_templates_hidden.lst
          Duplicate:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/menaces/menaces_templates_hidden.lst
          WARNING: Not loading duplicate.

          SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Falchion
          Orignal:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_equip_weap_melee.lst
          Duplicate:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_equip_weap_melee.lst
          WARNING: Not loading duplicate.

          SEVERE WARNING: Duplicate object name: Greataxe
          Orignal:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_equip_weap_melee.lst
          Duplicate:
          file:/C:/eclipse3.3/eclipse/workspace/pcgen/pcgen/data/d20ogl/msrd/arcana/basics/arcanabasics_equip_weap_melee.lst
          WARNING: Not loading duplicate.
          All Done

        • James Dempsey
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 5, 2008
            Hi Kar,

            Have you done an ant clean? This could be due to duplicate tokens...

            Cheers,
            James.

            On 5/03/2008 9:04 PM Martijn Verburg wrote

          • taluroniscandar
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 5, 2008
              > Latest SVN build, MSRD Modern gamemode. Select MSRD-->Complete.
              >
              > Load: MRSD - Basics, MRSD - Future, MRSD - Menaces, MRSD - Arcana
              >
              > In the loading window (as well as the Eclipse console) I get:

              Check your pcc file.

              This looks to me like it is loading some of the lower level pcc files
              twice.

              I looked for the MSRD Complete pcc file under
              pcgen51310\data\d20ogl\msrd\
              and I cannot find it to check it.
            • joefrazierjr
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 5, 2008
                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@...> wrote:

                > > Latest SVN build, MSRD Modern gamemode. Select MSRD-->Complete.
                > >
                > > Load: MRSD - Basics, MRSD - Future, MRSD - Menaces, MRSD - Arcana
                > >
                > > In the loading window (as well as the Eclipse console) I get:
                >
                > Check your pcc file.
                >
                > This looks to me like it is loading some of the lower level pcc files
                > twice.
                >
                > I looked for the MSRD Complete pcc file under
                > pcgen51310\data\d20ogl\msrd\
                > and I cannot find it to check it.

                I have noticed while developing that if I load,unload, and load the
                same sources again, I get similar type errors on 5.13.10 svn builds.
                Not sure if this is related or not, just something I have observed
                over the past few days with the various things I am testing. Closing
                PCGen and restarting from within Eclipse seems to work, but as soon as
                I unload (and I don't think it happens every time) with the exact same
                sources starts throwing duplicate object errors.

                Joe
              • taluroniscandar
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 5, 2008
                  > > This looks to me like it is loading some of the lower level pcc
                  files
                  > > twice.
                  > >
                  > > I looked for the MSRD Complete pcc file under
                  > > pcgen51310\data\d20ogl\msrd\
                  > > and I cannot find it to check it.
                  > >

                  > I have noticed while developing that if I load,unload, and load the
                  > same sources again, I get similar type errors on 5.13.10 svn
                  builds.
                  > Not sure if this is related or not, just something I have observed
                  > over the past few days with the various things I am testing.
                  Closing
                  > PCGen and restarting from within Eclipse seems to work, but as soon
                  as
                  > I unload (and I don't think it happens every time) with the exact
                  same
                  > sources starts throwing duplicate object errors.

                  Hm, there used to be a memory error in pcgen.
                  Unload would not work.
                  You had to actually close pcgen to clear datasets from memory.
                  I know someone reported a memory bug on one the other yahoo lists.
                  Perhaps the Unload button is not working again?

                  What is Eclipse?
                • Martijn Verburg
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 5, 2008
                    Hi all,

                    > Hm, there used to be a memory error in pcgen.
                    > Unload would not work.
                    > You had to actually close pcgen to clear datasets from memory.
                    > I know someone reported a memory bug on one the other yahoo lists.

                    Yep, I did, it's trackered :)

                    > Perhaps the Unload button is not working again?

                    Yeah it's not working at the moment (probably related to the other bug
                    where on load its reporting that nothing is loaded)

                    > What is Eclipse?

                    The main development environment used by the code monkeys, when you
                    run PCGen within it, it mimics the UNIX/DOS console as if you were
                    running it from there. Eclipse is just wonderful for all sorts of
                    other reasons, but I won't go into those here :)

                  • Martijn Verburg
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 5, 2008
                      Yep, cleaned it (I usually run "ant clean build") - K

                    • Martijn Verburg
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 5, 2008
                        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@...> wrote:

                        > > Latest SVN build, MSRD Modern gamemode. Select MSRD-->Complete.
                        > >
                        > > Load: MRSD - Basics, MRSD - Future, MRSD - Menaces, MRSD - Arcana
                        > >
                        > > In the loading window (as well as the Eclipse console) I get:
                        >
                        > Check your pcc file.
                        >
                        > This looks to me like it is loading some of the lower level pcc files
                        > twice.
                        >
                        > I looked for the MSRD Complete pcc file under
                        > pcgen51310\data\d20ogl\msrd\
                        > and I cannot find it to check it.

                        There is no complete.pcc, my report was probably a little confusing on
                        that one. If you select MSRD-->Complete from the LH pane it puts

                        * basic
                        * arcana
                        * future
                        * menaces

                        into the RH pane, which I then load and then get the duplicate errors
                        from.

                        Ah, I see it now (I think), there are some tags which load languages
                        etc for menaces via INCLUDEs, this seems to be causing the duplicates.

                        So assuming PCGen is behaving correctly here, the next question is:

                        "Should there be a MSRD-->Complete option on the LH Pane that
                        effectively causes duplicates to be loaded?"