Exceptions and errors

  • Alvise Nicoletti
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2008
      Hi, my pcgen is giving me random exceptions while browsing a party.

      Can someone explain me how to troubleshoot this?

      Also, When I close the application it always asks me to save each
      character even if I don't change them.

      I use pcgen 5121

      Those are the exceptions:
      Exception in thread "Thread-50" java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
      at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.checkForComodification(Unknown Source)
      at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.next(Unknown Source)
      at plugin.charactersheet.gui.ArmorPane.refresh(Unknown Source)
      at plugin.charactersheet.gui.Page1Panel.refresh(Unknown Source)
      at
      plugin.charactersheet.gui.CharacterPanel$Refresher.refresh(Unknown So
      urce)
      at
      plugin.charactersheet.gui.CharacterPanel$Refresher.run(Unknown Source
      )
      Exception in thread "Thread-64" java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
      at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.checkForComodification(Unknown Source)
      at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.next(Unknown Source)
      at plugin.charactersheet.gui.ArmorPane.refresh(Unknown Source)
      at plugin.charactersheet.gui.Page1Panel.refresh(Unknown Source)
      at
      plugin.charactersheet.gui.CharacterPanel$Refresher.refresh(Unknown So
      urce)
      at
      plugin.charactersheet.gui.CharacterPanel$Refresher.run(Unknown Source
      )
    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2008
        Hi Alvise,

        > Hi, my pcgen is giving me random exceptions while browsing a party.
        >
        > Can someone explain me how to troubleshoot this?

        I'm afraid this was a known bug in 5.12.1 which we've fixed in the
        latest alpha releases for the upcoming 5.14 release.

        > Also, When I close the application it always asks me to save each
        > character even if I don't change them.

        I believe that a time stamp changes and that's why you're always asked
        to save, although I'm not 100% sure on that, hopefully a coder can
        step in and confirm that one. - K
      • Alvise Nicoletti
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2008
          Hi Martijn, nice to see you again.
          I am Nokao.

          Thank you, I didn't imagine it was a bug of the IDE, I was thinking more
          to a bad importation of my characters in the upgrade.
          What I have to do? Download a snapshot? Or re-install the lastest stable
          version?

          Something moved in the internationalization team?
          Have you find a better way to translate datasets?

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 3, 2008
            Hi Nakao,

            > Thank you, I didn't imagine it was a bug of the IDE, I was thinking
            > more to a bad importation of my characters in the upgrade.
            > What I have to do? Download a snapshot? Or re-install the lastest
            > stable version?

            Well the bug is not fixed in the 5.12.x line of code so to avoid that
            bug you would want to try our latest alpha 5.3.10.

            *Please* note that moving to the Alpha could cause other problems (it
            is alpha software!), so if you do try this, please make sure you
            install the alpha in a completely separate location and make sure that
            the 'home' directory it asks you to choose on startup is also a
            separate location from your 5.12.1 'home' location..

            > Something moved in the internationalization team?
            > Have you find a better way to translate datasets?

            Not yet. The BoD decided that it would be best to wait until CDOM
            (6.0) is well underway before re-visiting internationalization. So
            hopefully towards the 3rd quarter of this year we'll start discussing
            it again in the internationalisation Y! group :)