Re: [pcgen] Re: [TM] Ability Category File

  • Terry FitzSimons
    Message 1 of 25 , Mar 1, 2008
      Which is the preferred method? Currently the Docs only have the following:

      "Ability categories are defined, one per line, as per the ABILITYCATEGORY
      line described in the miscinfo.lst file documentation."

      Or what should be DEFINED in the miscinfo.lst file and what should be
      DEFINED in datasets abilitycategory file, or does it really matter that
      much?

      Judging from the ABILITYCATEGORY:x lists some things that are in the
      miscinfo.lst file it seems to deal with the GUI. Should the miscinfo.lst
      file be limited to just the Gamemode data and the dataset abilitycategory
      file build off that?

      Or just use "Ability categories are defined, one per line, as per the
      ABILITYCATEGORY line described in the miscinfo.lst file documentation.
      Ability Categories can be defines in either the miscinfo.lst file AND/OR in
      the datasets abilitycategory.lst file."

      Terry

      --

      Terry FitzSimons
      FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)

      Data Lemur, Docs Gibbon
    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 25 , Mar 1, 2008
        Hi Terry and Company!

        On Mar 1, 2008, at 10:45 AM, Terry FitzSimons wrote:
        > Which is the preferred method? Currently the Docs only have the
        > following:
        >
        > "Ability categories are defined, one per line, as per the
        > ABILITYCATEGORY
        > line described in the miscinfo.lst file documentation."
        >
        > Or what should be DEFINED in the miscinfo.lst file and what should be
        > DEFINED in datasets abilitycategory file, or does it really matter
        > that
        > much?
        >
        > Judging from the ABILITYCATEGORY:x lists some things that are in the
        > miscinfo.lst file it seems to deal with the GUI. Should the
        > miscinfo.lst
        > file be limited to just the Gamemode data and the dataset
        > abilitycategory
        > file build off that?
        >
        > Or just use "Ability categories are defined, one per line, as per the
        > ABILITYCATEGORY line described in the miscinfo.lst file documentation.
        > Ability Categories can be defines in either the miscinfo.lst file
        > AND/OR in
        > the datasets abilitycategory.lst file."

        The opening statement in the Ability Category File Tag Docs Page now
        reads:

        "Ability Categories can be defined in either the active GameMode's
        miscinfo.lst file or in a loaded dataset's abilitycategory.lst file,
        with each ability category being defined in one or the other, but not
        both. Ability categories are defined, one per line, as per the
        ABILITYCATEGORY tag documentation in the miscinfo.lst file
        documentation."

        Eric Smith
        Doc 2nd
      • Barak
        Message 3 of 25 , Mar 1, 2008

          This. Note the removal of the AND.

          It's in one place or the other, it cannot be in both.

          Barak