Re: [pcgen] Re: [TM] Ability Category File

    Message 1 of 25 , Feb 29, 2008
      Yes, they can can be in both.

      Eric C Smith wrote:
      > Hi Chris!
      >
      > On Feb 29, 2008, at 4:45 PM, Barak wrote:

      ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

    • Terry FitzSimons
      Message 2 of 25 , Mar 1, 2008
        Which is the preferred method? Currently the Docs only have the following:

        "Ability categories are defined, one per line, as per the ABILITYCATEGORY
        line described in the miscinfo.lst file documentation."

        Or what should be DEFINED in the miscinfo.lst file and what should be
        DEFINED in datasets abilitycategory file, or does it really matter that
        much?

        Judging from the ABILITYCATEGORY:x lists some things that are in the
        miscinfo.lst file it seems to deal with the GUI. Should the miscinfo.lst
        file be limited to just the Gamemode data and the dataset abilitycategory
        file build off that?

        Or just use "Ability categories are defined, one per line, as per the
        ABILITYCATEGORY line described in the miscinfo.lst file documentation.
        Ability Categories can be defines in either the miscinfo.lst file AND/OR in
        the datasets abilitycategory.lst file."

        Terry

        --

        Terry FitzSimons
        FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)

        Data Lemur, Docs Gibbon
      • Eric C Smith
        Message 3 of 25 , Mar 1, 2008
          Hi Terry and Company!

          On Mar 1, 2008, at 10:45 AM, Terry FitzSimons wrote:
          > Which is the preferred method? Currently the Docs only have the
          > following:
          >
          > "Ability categories are defined, one per line, as per the
          > ABILITYCATEGORY
          > line described in the miscinfo.lst file documentation."
          >
          > Or what should be DEFINED in the miscinfo.lst file and what should be
          > DEFINED in datasets abilitycategory file, or does it really matter
          > that
          > much?
          >
          > Judging from the ABILITYCATEGORY:x lists some things that are in the
          > miscinfo.lst file it seems to deal with the GUI. Should the
          > miscinfo.lst
          > file be limited to just the Gamemode data and the dataset
          > abilitycategory
          > file build off that?
          >
          > Or just use "Ability categories are defined, one per line, as per the
          > ABILITYCATEGORY line described in the miscinfo.lst file documentation.
          > Ability Categories can be defines in either the miscinfo.lst file
          > AND/OR in
          > the datasets abilitycategory.lst file."

          The opening statement in the Ability Category File Tag Docs Page now
          reads:

          "Ability Categories can be defined in either the active GameMode's
          miscinfo.lst file or in a loaded dataset's abilitycategory.lst file,
          with each ability category being defined in one or the other, but not
          both. Ability categories are defined, one per line, as per the
          ABILITYCATEGORY tag documentation in the miscinfo.lst file
          documentation."

          Eric Smith
          Doc 2nd
        • Barak
          Message 4 of 25 , Mar 1, 2008

            This. Note the removal of the AND.

            It's in one place or the other, it cannot be in both.

            Barak