Encounter generator not working?!?!

  • Antonio Andalcio
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 11, 2008
      Windows vista

      Ok i open GMgen
      click the encounter tab
      add a few monsters to the right panel
      click Begin Combat
      and nothing happens??
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 11, 2008
        Hi again Antonio,

        Antonio Andalcio wrote:
        > Windows vista
        >
        > Ok i open GMgen
        > click the encounter tab
        > add a few monsters to the right panel
        > click Begin Combat
        > and nothing happens??

        What version of PCGen? Java?

        Unfortunately, not much actively coder time has been dedicated to
        GMGen... But we do have a coder that is going to be working on it very
        soon... As soon as RL and some of the other projects he's assigned are
        cleared... (Coders are in high demand around here... :-P )

        I don't normally use GMGen, but if we can figure out what is happening,
        then perhaps we can get a code monkey to give it a quick fix...

        ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
      • plasticmonkey007
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 9, 2014

          I am having this issue as well I am a new user and have the 6.02 version of the program.

          Like above I select level 2 dungeon and click encounter then begin and nothing happens. I understand that it is suppose to load some generic character sheets in PCGen window for each monster but like stated above nothing happens. I am excited to use this feature in the games i DM but the encounter part is very important.

          I do have an associates in programming so i know how difficult and time consuming work it can be especially for a free program, but i was wondering if you  might have a feint idea when this would be fixed.  It wouldn't be too awful if i could see the monster info when selecting in the character generator then i could wing it. Thank you for creating such a great program and keeping it free unlike a certain one out there that costs way way too much.

          Thanks PM007

        • 5df351ac2ce928f5de3cd56814e3138e
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 1, 2014

            Same.

            I also tried adding enemies directly into the Initiative tool. (Just name and hitpoints, the rest I had on paper.)

            That worked for one combat.

            Next combat, I couldn't enter anyone's new initiative!